testtest

My First Electronic Powder Dispenser - Frankfort Arsenal’s Intellidropper

markr6754

Elite
Founding Member
After a year of loading frustration that began with my ill-advised purchase of 16lbs of Universal, a powder I had never used, my wife insisted I use my Amazon gift cards to buy this:
980784EB-7CC5-467F-B3B6-C49BA7470A74.jpeg
E37CEB07-D1A4-4E57-B53F-14FCDB0D2F8F.jpeg

So who am I to refuse?
Undoubtedly my best purchase since my adventure began 2 1/2 years ago.
Of course the first thing I did was to try it out on Universal. Wow! I didn’t use any of the powder it threw without error, as I needed some CFE-Pistol Rounds...so I got to test how it feeds a powder that I hate to load, but am growing fond of shooting, and a powder that I love to load, but still haven‘t come to love shooting it.

Best of all, it was a great deal. Delivered it was just under $176, including taxes.

I’ve watched some great videos on this unit, and some critical videos, and in the end, I’m so glad I found this deal when I was ready to pull the trigger...so to speak!

Hodgdon...I bought an 8lb keg from Gander Outdoors last year, expecting to pay $160. When I was charged about $80 (exact number escapes me), I ran back into the store (after explaining to my wife what a steal that was) and picked up a second jug...I was actually pondering a 3rd.
Good buy for sure!

I completed my first 50 rounds of .45 ACP with 5.4gr Universal and Nosler 230gr JHP. Pretty much the same experience as with the CFE-Pistol trial. 3 reported overcharges, one undercharge. The under measured 5.3gr, verified on a separate scale. The 3 overcharges, 2 were above 5.46gr, triggering the over charge, and one was actually 5.43gr, so I used it.

It takes 4-6 seconds to stabilize the scale before powder starts to flow, then another 2-3 seconds to stabilize after dropping all of the powder for a given charge.

Time from setting the pan onto the load cell to final load acceptance ranged between 12.5 and 15.5 seconds.

These rounds were made up from clean, once fired, sized brass. This is the primary reason for 2 of the overcharges and the single undercharge, as I was expanding and priming the cases while the Intellidropper dispensed. Although the movement is small, priming the cases did affect the scale. This wouldn’t normally be an issue as I try to have my brass ready for powder. I went ahead and primed the remaining 50 cases so I can have a smoother load experience next time.

After a year of loading frustration that began with my ill-advised purchase of 16lbs of Universal, a powder I had never used, my wife insisted I use my Amazon gift cards to buy this:
View attachment 6759View attachment 6760
So who am I to refuse?
Undoubtedly my best purchase since my adventure began 2 1/2 years ago.
Of course the first thing I did was to try it out on Universal. Wow! I didn’t use any of the powder it threw without error, as I needed some CFE-Pistol Rounds...so I got to test how it feeds a powder that I hate to load, but am growing fond of shooting, and a powder that I love to load, but still haven‘t come to love shooting it.

Best of all, it was a great deal. Delivered it was just under $176, including taxes.

I’ve watched some great videos on this unit, and some critical videos, and in the end, I’m so glad I found this deal when I was ready to pull the trigger...so to speak!
I understand these are some of the most accurate on the market and you can load precision ammo just as the factory does.

I understand these are some of the most accurate on the market and you can load precision ammo just as the factory does.
I have a scale that measures 2 digits past the decimal on grain scale, 3 on grams. It measured one of my 50g check weights at 50.000g and the other at 49.998g. Using it as my comparison my confidence in the Intellidropper grew with each round. After confirming that the highest reading on a passing charge was 5.43gr, and 5.46gr would trigger an overcharge I quit validating the charges, only doing a check on those that triggered over or under. However, it is sensitive to movement...I can’t have a fan going, even one pointed away from the bench as the air currents in the room are picked up by the scale. Very impressed so far. It is my first and only electronic powder dropped, and also the lowest priced on the market, so I am even more impressed than perhaps I should be.

I’ll be making up some .300Blackout rounds soon, so I’ll get a feel for how it handles stick powders.

Back