testtest

My Hellcat day at the range

Old_Me

Ronin
well, i took my Hellcat today to my range, shot at least 100 rounds, FMJ new ammo.

frankly, i do not shoot my EDC often enough, as my 1911's, and other calibers.

i gotta say i'm glad i did take it today, i did quite well (pics in my other thread on target pics)

but however, i find that the trigger is not up to par with all my other guns, being "harder" to pull, for lack of a better reason.

so off to the mom/pop bait/gun store, for them to replace the trigger and associated parts.

i believe they will be going the MCarbo route. (i had also mention i hear a lot about Apex)

i was given a price of $200 (+/-), parts/labor, since i do spend money there on a regular basis.

while there, i tried out a new Sig 365, it has a safety as well, slick trigger on that..and if after the trigger job i am still not satisfied, that Sig, will be needing an AlienGear AIWB holster too.

$200 in labor to change out a trigger in a striker gun seems a bit excessive to me.
no...parts AND labor..the kit alone for a Hellcat, from MCarbo is like $200+

he is going to do the entire job for the $200.

no...parts AND labor..the kit alone for a Hellcat, from MCarbo is like $200+

he is going to do the entire job for the $200.

It pays to do business locally and to show respect to the business owners and employees.

Had a reliability job and trigger job on 3 1911s (resulted in triggers with 3lb 2oz pulls) while living in California. The normal price was $250 for a single gun. The smith did all 3 for $350. He gave me the "Good Guy Discount" because I always took the time to speak with the RSOs at the range and would even let them shoot any new guns I brought in.

It pays to do business locally and to show respect to the business owners and employees.

Had a reliability job and trigger job on 3 1911s (resulted in triggers with 3lb 2oz pulls) while living in California. The normal price was $250 for a single gun. The smith did all 3 for $350. He gave me the "Good Guy Discount" because I always took the time to speak with the RSOs at the range and would even let them shoot any new guns I brought in.
yeah, i get my lead bullets there, by the 1000.

even get my reloads there, by the dozens, when springtime comes and i stop reloading my own

i have bought a few guns there.

i also bring them cookies, pastries, and for the Lab, gourmet doggie treats. (better cookies than what YOU and me get to eat...lol)

but i also buy online many other items....

frankly we need to support the local business as much as we can.....otherwise, another laundromat or coffee place, take thier property when they fold up.

Agree, the fella that changed my trigger has built my custom 1911's and sold me a few plastic guns as well.

I am 99.9% that this is what was installed. He told the red wasn't available when he ordered so he got black.
Thanks. And thanks to bllefkay

I like the flag one. I saw one place had that with a blue blade, I didn't see that somewhere else. I would definitely want that one if I could find it

trigger.jpg

well the gun store called me last night, my Hellcat trigger was done, they installed the MCarbo kit, all for the $200 pricing.

it was nearly a 6 lbs trigger pull, down to about 3 lbs.

reset is super quick.

but, i have been hit with a pretty bad sinus infection, and been on meds for like a week now, so not until after Christmas will i be able to get back to the range.

i have a "before" target, and i'll make sure i get the "after" target pics too.

well, i took my Hellcat today to my range, shot at least 100 rounds, FMJ new ammo.

frankly, i do not shoot my EDC often enough, as my 1911's, and other calibers.

i gotta say i'm glad i did take it today, i did quite well (pics in my other thread on target pics)

but however, i find that the trigger is not up to par with all my other guns, being "harder" to pull, for lack of a better reason.

so off to the mom/pop bait/gun store, for them to replace the trigger and associated parts.

i believe they will be going the MCarbo route. (i had also mention i hear a lot about Apex)

i was given a price of $200 (+/-), parts/labor, since i do spend money there on a regular basis.

while there, i tried out a new Sig 365, it has a safety as well, slick trigger on that..and if after the trigger job i am still not satisfied, that Sig, will be needing an AlienGear AIWB holster too.
These new platforms are super easy to work on . All you need is a few punches . If you get stumped there's loads of videos . I'm not naturally mechanical . However with youtube videos I've even rebuilt a Kohler 25 horse engine . Put a New front end on my Grandson's Car and put triggers in all my friends guns . It's easy if you try ;)

These new platforms are super easy to work on . All you need is a few punches . If you get stumped there's loads of videos . I'm not naturally mechanical . However with youtube videos I've even rebuilt a Kohler 25 horse engine . Put a New front end on my Grandson's Car and put triggers in all my friends guns . It's easy if you try ;)
1st, i worked as a mechanic in my younger years, before i left, to drive trucks for like 4 times longer, so i know how to take apart and put back together again maybe even with less parts.

2nd, i do have a few gunsmithing tools, and i have replaced a few parts in some guns, like nearly all my Glocks, and like the trigger only, in my Beretta 92FS, and took apart a revolver wheel fully to clean, lube and reassemble

3rd, the video showed a more complex job of replacing the Hellcat trigger, than i wanted to handle, and this is my carry gun, and if something went wrong like i was involved in a self defense shooting, and i get questioned on if any work was done, i can answer "yes, by a professional gunsmith, here is the receipt".

all my other guns are range toys

4th, my desktop pc is up in the house, the shop is down in the basement. each time i'd have to refer to the videos..??

i'd have to climb up a near total of 30 stairs, then go down those stairs.....i can only do this maybe twice in say a 30 minute time frame, then i'm done and out for the count.

it worked out best for this particular job, this time.

1st, i worked as a mechanic in my younger years, before i left, to drive trucks for like 4 times longer, so i know how to take apart and put back together again maybe even with less parts.

2nd, i do have a few gunsmithing tools, and i have replaced a few parts in some guns, like nearly all my Glocks, and like the trigger only, in my Beretta 92FS, and took apart a revolver wheel fully to clean, lube and reassemble

3rd, the video showed a more complex job of replacing the Hellcat trigger, than i wanted to handle, and this is my carry gun, and if something went wrong like i was involved in a self defense shooting, and i get questioned on if any work was done, i can answer "yes, by a professional gunsmith, here is the receipt".

all my other guns are range toys

4th, my desktop pc is up in the house, the shop is down in the basement. each time i'd have to refer to the videos..??

i'd have to climb up a near total of 30 stairs, then go down those stairs.....i can only do this maybe twice in say a 30 minute time frame, then i'm done and out for the count.

it worked out best for this particular job, this time.
Sucks getting health issues

Back