testtest

My message to Alex Baldwin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recusant

Hellcat
On Monday, Alex Baldwin issued a rare social media post since the tragedy to note that he believes having a police presence paid for by networks or studios would lead to fewer gun-related mishaps. Let me clear this up for Alex. If one can't discern the difference between the live round and a blank he or she shouldn't be allowed to even touch a gun or ammo, ever!
1636394008887.png
1636394035835.png

On Monday, Alex Baldwin issued a rare social media post since the tragedy to note that he believes having a police presence paid for by networks or studios would lead to fewer gun-related mishaps. Let me clear this up for Alex. If one can't discern the difference between the live round and a blank he or she shouldn't be allowed to even touch a gun or ammo, ever!
View attachment 21953View attachment 21954
i am not an Alec Baldwin (or the rest of his brothers fan club member), but one must be taught and shown the differences first, to even know what the differences are.

if i were to not have known myself, i'd look at those blanks, and then recall what i might have seen as far as hollow points, and think that the blank is just a different type of hollow point.

case in point, the RIP hollow points...

hqdefault.jpg

see what i mean..??

one cannot assume or blame a person for not knowing, what he/she should know, cuz NO ONE showed or educated that person

i think people need to stop looking for a scape goat, and seek out the REAL culprit/person 100% responsible for this accidental shooting.

Yes, but those hollow points are crimped into the casing (2 parts: bullet and brass case). A blank should be only a casing that's crimped on the end (only one part). There are some different blank applications, but the armor who is in charge of firearms on a movie set should be well versed in ammo types. If they aren't sure then the suspect rounds should never be allowed anywhere close to a gun.

Progressives need to stop assuming that police officers are all-knowing wizards when it comes to firearms. I have almost two decades of professional law enforcement experience. All of the men and women I served with were proficient at shooting their issued firearms and knew basic gun safety. However, many of these officers knew almost nothing about any firearm other than their issued sidearm, shotgun and rifle.

A competent, professional armorer will have vastly more knowledge about firearms than the average police officer. A department Armorer or Rangemaster will have extensive knowledge about duty weapons, but may have no experience with antique single-action revolvers or high-end exotic European boutique guns.

I have actually been quite impressed by the firearms training programs at many mid-size police departments. Large departments often have too many recruits for instructors to provide sufficient individual instruction or observation. Smaller departments often lack the budget, facilities, and personnel to provide quality training. Assuming all officers are "experts" in firearms, regardless of their training background, is ridiculous.

Sorry for the rant, but I hate when wealthy elites screw-up, and then demand some governmental agency fix the problem. Tragedies can be avoided simply by observing Col. Cooper's 4 Rules, with no need for any type of police or government involvement.

Progressives need to stop assuming that police officers are all-knowing wizards when it comes to firearms. I have almost two decades of professional law enforcement experience. All of the men and women I served with were proficient at shooting their issued firearms and knew basic gun safety. However, many of these officers knew almost nothing about any firearm other than their issued sidearm, shotgun and rifle.

A competent, professional armorer will have vastly more knowledge about firearms than the average police officer. A department Armorer or Rangemaster will have extensive knowledge about duty weapons, but may have no experience with antique single-action revolvers or high-end exotic European boutique guns.

I have actually been quite impressed by the firearms training programs at many mid-size police departments. Large departments often have too many recruits for instructors to provide sufficient individual instruction or observation. Smaller departments often lack the budget, facilities, and personnel to provide quality training. Assuming all officers are "experts" in firearms, regardless of their training background, is ridiculous.

Sorry for the rant, but I hate when wealthy elites screw-up, and then demand some governmental agency fix the problem. Tragedies can be avoided simply by observing Col. Cooper's 4 Rules, with no need for any type of police or government involvement.
I doubt that many members here would even have any blanks for their guns. In my 70 some years I can't remember ever buying blanks at all.

Yes, but those hollow points are crimped into the casing (2 parts: bullet and brass case). A blank should be only a casing that's crimped on the end (only one part). There are some different blank applications, but the armor who is in charge of firearms on a movie set should be well versed in ammo types. If they aren't sure then the suspect rounds should never be allowed anywhere close to a gun.
yes, correctomondo......"the armorer" should know.....

not necessarily any actor, why would they??

unless they themselves are gun owners.

in fact, i cannot even think that an ordinary person never having held a gun or seen one up close, would ever know a blank from a real round.

we just cannot blame the unknown persons, only those that are supposed to be,,,"experts".

I can see your point that a novice to guns and ammo could confuse the two; however, a person hired as an experienced armor should know the difference.
R.54096a2049a84210a397b511b10bc813
frankly, the way your first posting was stated, it does/did seem to me that you put all the blame on Alec? for not knowing the difference and in effect you seem to think he is shifting the blame from him to someone else.??

is there a dead horse in the room..????

i believe the whole Alec Baldwin accident has been beaten to death, and seems to me, not too many are satisfied, unless he (Alec) is totally blamed..???

actor, producer, maybe even director that he is, he is still not the one to be held 100% accountable.

i think we can better agree that there are way too many threads on this tragic accident.

this is what many are doing, when they start a new Alec Baldwin thread..
agreed!!!!!!!! I have no likes for the baldwin boys, but I will wait for the facts, however they come out.
Also, I gotta say in my few years on earth, I have never seen crimped bird/snake shot, have only seen the plastic capped stuff. interesting

I can think of only one response:
‘Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
This is the primary rule of gun safety. A "safe direction" means that the gun is pointed so that even if it were to go off it would not cause injury or damage. The key to this rule is to control where the muzzle or front end of the barrel is pointed at all times. Common sense dictates the safest direction, depending on different circumstances.’

To your point, Hollywood has been working with firearms for over a century with very few mishaps that are related to firearms. This wasn't a failure in Hollywood's accepted methods for control and use of firearms on the set. This was a failure in the production's leadership to observe and obey the procedures Hollywood has had in place for decades. And there is no excuse for handling a firearm carelessly. If you don't have the necessary training or experience to safely handle a firearm, and choose to handle them anyway, that's on you as a person, and as the producer. Hire competent staff and invest the time and money to train everyone on set how to safely handle firearms. Invest in the appropriate storage equipment to safely store ammunition and arms in a manner which precludes the possibility of mix-ups or accidental discharge. He could have had the armorer spend about a half-day's time training every person who was reasonably expected to handle a firearm to safely handle each of the firearms that would be used in production and know the difference between the ammunition types used on set. He is both personally responsible for the death and wounding of two set members, and had supervisory responsibility for the unsafe practices routinely used in this production.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back