testtest

NC attempts to ditch permits for pistol pur

Thanks for posting TidalWave,
Interesting reading. But? It's like sorting out a bag of mixed beans too? No one sane wants firearms in the wrong hands anymore than having vehicles in the hands of unsafe drivers. But, who's to determine that better if anyone? A computer logarithm, local, state or federal level officials? Then, in some areas and sometimes, gun control's only used as a money and or power grab as well. Widely taught and encouraged firearms safety and familiarity classes may be and likely is a better solution for money grabbing and better gun control too?

And, besides that small dose, firearms and what they represent is one of our rights, while driving, or trying to in some cases, is a privilege. Big difference right there. In many instances, taking away the rights of either firearms or driving rights may be a death sentence of and to someone while possibly preserving others lives....but which ones, which lives? Who lives and who doesn't? Live out in the sticks without mass transportation, family or friends and no vehicle? Not good scenario is it? Take away guns and/or add layer upon layer of almost endless infringements and hindrances with gun control and sometimes same scenario happens? We may all live in same world, same country, but differences and needs from place to place can be staggering even in same country or state.

Not only a license but a Texas license. I wanted to buy a truck when living in Texas but couldn’t with my Connecticut drivers license. I had to get a Texas license.
I haven't bought a vehicle in 6 years, but the last 3 time the dealer wanted proof on insurance with current DL. A Texas DL was never brought up. Seems stupid! If you have a current DL and POP in your state it shouldn't be a problem? Again, seems stupid!

You used to have to have a permit to buy a handgun in Missouri. And then you were supposed to keep the permits with the firearms at all times. I still have 2 of the permits, It had a 10 day waiting period that went along with it.

That all changed the day NICS went on line.

You used to have to have a permit to buy a handgun in Missouri. And then you were supposed to keep the permits with the firearms at all times. I still have 2 of the permits, It had a 10 day waiting period that went along with it.

That waiting period was a joke! I never purchased a gun during those times.

That waiting period was a joke! I never purchased a gun during those times.
I purchased my first two handguns that way. Had no choice. Technically not my first two since my old man had given me a couple before then, but the first two I bought with my own money. I still have both.

Back then I really wanted to move to Texas. I tried repeatedly to talk my then girlfriend ( Eventually she was my 1st wife) into moving to Texas. Missouri sucked back then. STL Democrats ran the state. There was no concealed carry. I got into a lot of trouble because I had my own loaded gun in my car. They tried to charge me with a felony. That incident still haunts me. I believe it's the reason why I am delayed every time I do a BGC these days.

Ironically I have a vacation to Texas planned over the July 4th weekend and I am somewhat concerned about your draconian gun laws. :ROFLMAO:

I purchased my first two handguns that way. Had no choice. Technically not my first two since my old man had given me a couple before then, but the first two I bought with my own money. I still have both.

Back then I really wanted to move to Texas. I tried repeatedly to talk my then girlfriend ( Eventually she was my 1st wife) into moving to Texas. Missouri sucked back then. STL Democrats ran the state. There was no concealed carry. I got into a lot of trouble because I had my own loaded gun in my car. They tried to charge me with a felony. That incident still haunts me. I believe it's the reason why I am delayed every time I do a BGC these days.

Ironically I have a vacation to Texas planned over the July 4th weekend and I am somewhat concerned about your draconian gun laws. :ROFLMAO:
Texas is 1 step closer to constitutional carry. Haven't heard from the Senate?

Texas is 1 step closer to constitutional carry. Haven't heard from the Senate?
Do you think it's actually going to pass Texas Senate? I've been reading alot about it and the fact they are struggling amongst themselves to even bring it up for vote doesn't instill a lot of confidence that it would pass.

It seems odd that the house was essentially always the road block, and now that it miraculously passed the house its struggling in the senate? Seems like there is some ****ery afoot if you ask me.

That’s exactly where we wanna push things- let the NICS do the trick ( and honestly, I don’t have much issue with some kinda way to keep nutcases from buying; my beef is Don’t impede me anymore than, say, requiring me to identify myself).
The sheriffs permit thing is a relic. And cost $5 to $25 depending on the county !

To buy a vehicle from a dealer in NC - or register/title a veh if you buy from someone - you must have a DL. Not sure if it has to be NC though. 🤔
But I’m certain SC allows NC citizens to buy from dealers. Lots of folks around Charlotte go over the line to buy for better price. Or used to anyway.
When I was on Active Duty 2010 at Ft L. Wood MO I bought a car in Olathe KS. Only had my NC DL and other than for the special offer mil discount they didn’t seem to care about my AD Army ID card.

To buy a vehicle from a dealer in NC - or register/title a veh if you buy from someone - you must have a DL. Not sure if it has to be NC though. 🤔
But I’m certain SC allows NC citizens to buy from dealers. Lots of folks around Charlotte go over the line to buy for better price. Or used to anyway.
When I was on Active Duty 2010 at Ft L. Wood MO I bought a car in Olathe KS. Only had my NC DL and other than for the special offer mil discount they didn’t seem to care about my AD Army ID card.
( I guess the point is, there’s a way around most things !)

Do you think it's actually going to pass Texas Senate? I've been reading alot about it and the fact they are struggling amongst themselves to even bring it up for vote doesn't instill a lot of confidence that it would pass.

It seems odd that the house was essentially always the road block, and now that it miraculously passed the house its struggling in the senate? Seems like there is some ****ery afoot if you ask me.
If I'm sitting between Slim and None, I'll go with Slim!

Back