testtest

New EDC caliber

J-doo

Operator
Founding Member
I wanted to try a new EDC caliber and decided to go with the M&P Performance Center Shield 2.0 .45. I’ve watched some videos and read a couple reviews. Everyone speaks pretty highly of it. I’m not a big .40 S&W fan but I do love the .45. It‘s a little bigger than my old Shield 9mm so I will need a new IWB holster. I’m open for suggestions.
E71C07E6-6B66-456B-AF2B-47D2750B3254.jpeg

Nice, how much kick does it have? My brother has. Rock Island Armory 1911 CS in .45, that kicks like a mule, but fun though.
I have all three calibers of the 1st gen Performance Center Shields (along with a gen 1, 9mm shield with Apex trigger installed). The 40 PC Shield kicks more than the 45, which is manageable. I wear all my Shields IWB with the Crossbreed Holsters. the 45 is a bit larger, so that required a sepearate holster. 9 & 40 fit in the other Crossbreed.

Nice piece!

I use a concealment express kydex for my Shield 2.0 9mm with Crimson Trace. The shield is an easily carried gun for it's small size and the only negative I find with it is the aggressive grip texture irritates my skin when carrying appendix if I'm doing something active. You can remedy that by lightly sanding the grip if it bothers you.

Last edited:
Nice, how much kick does it have? My brother has. Rock Island Armory 1911 CS in .45, that kicks like a mule, but fun though.
I was surprised how light the recoil was. I am very impressed with this pistol. I was going to get a Sig 365XL or a CZ Rami but I really wanted a .45. I couldn’t resist taking it it to the outdoor range. I put 50 rounds of S&B 230g ball through it. I’m sold on this pistol. After I got home I ordered an Alien Gear Shapeshift holster. It actually fits in my FNS9C holster pretty well. I’m going to put another 100 rounds of different ammo through it this week. I got lucky and I’m working about 5 miles from the indoor range.

I really enjoy mine and it is very accurate for a smaller gun. I put TFX Pro Day/Night sights (Pro Orange) on and that was my only change. The trigger in the 2.0 is much better than the original IMO. I use a MTR Leather or Crossbreed Super for my IWB. VersaCarry makes a IWB called the Zero Bulk that I sometimes use when wearing shorts.
1581311037009.png

This is the look of the MTR I use.

Last edited:
Nice piece!

I use a concealment express kydex for my Shield 2.0 9mm with Crimson Trace. The shield is an easily carried gun for it's small size and the only negative I find with it is the aggressive grip texture irritates my skin when carrying appendix if I'm doing something active. You can remedy that by lightly sanding the grip if it bothers you.
The 1st generation Shield 9’s didn’t have that abrasive grip texture. You could look for one of those, as they usually are the 1st to go on sale. I believe PSA has sales of these from time to time (as does my local gun shop)

The 1st generation Shield 9’s didn’t have that abrasive grip texture. You could look for one of those, as they usually are the 1st to go on sale. I believe PSA has sales of these from time to time (as does my local gun shop)
The 2.0 grip feels great in my hand plus the trigger is a grand improvement over the first gen. Talon grips rubberized maybe an option to counter the abrasive factory texture.

The 2.0 grip feels great in my hand plus the trigger is a grand improvement over the first gen. Talon grips rubberized maybe an option to counter the abrasive factory texture.
Yeah, I like the 2.0 abrasive grips & bought Talon grips in that texture for the 1st Gen 9mm Shield. The Performance Center Gen 1s have the Abrasive feel grips & they don’t bother me, even against bare skin .

Yeah, I like the 2.0 abrasive grips & bought Talon grips in that texture for the 1st Gen 9mm Shield. The Performance Center Gen 1s have the Abrasive feel grips & they don’t bother me, even against bare skin .
I have actually grown very fond of the grip texture. My other guns now feel odd in my hands. I have multiple of the 2.0's and very happy with the trigger as well.

I have actually grown very fond of the grip texture. My other guns now feel odd in my hands. I have multiple of the 2.0's and very happy with the trigger as well.
Yes the triggers have been improved as you say. I feel the same way about the texture, and as mentioned, bought similar texture Talon grips for the old Shield I have.

My brother just picked up a used G2 Glock 23, I’ve been trying to get it from him to use as my EDC, but he isn’t budging a bit....it was a police trade in, great shape, even has nite sites....

I have the same gun only with the integrated CT laser. I took some 800 grit sandpaper to the grip, just to knock the rough edges down a tiny bit because it is aggravating against bare skin carrying IWB.
BFpu5NH.jpg

I also have a 1.0 Performance Center .40. Both are great shooters.

I added some Talon grips and it feels better against my skin. The thing that really amazes me is that I enjoy shooting it as much as some of my bigger/heavier range guns.

I wanted to try a new EDC caliber and decided to go with the M&P Performance Center Shield 2.0 .45. I’ve watched some videos and read a couple reviews. Everyone speaks pretty highly of it. I’m not a big .40 S&W fan but I do love the .45. It‘s a little bigger than my old Shield 9mm so I will need a new IWB holster. I’m open for suggestions.View attachment 1844
If is a leather holster, most holsters for the 9mm will fit the .45, the 9mm shield will be a little loose after the holster has been used for the .45 though

My M&P Shield .45 has been my go to CCW for quite a while now. It's accurate as hell, the recoil is very manageable for a 3.3 inch barrel, and I've always felt more comfortable shooting a .45 ACP than any other caliber
M&P.jpg
. I carry it in a Versacarry Commander holster with an extra mag pouch. So far, this set up has served me very well, no intentions of switching my CCW any time soon.

Back