testtest

New Magazine Day! ProMag 32 for XD9

BassCliff

Professional
Hi folks,

On a whim I thought I'd try out a new range toy. This thing looks like ridiculous fun. I read enough reviews that made me think it was worth $25. After all, I've spent more money on less fun. :ROFLMAO: I won't get to the range until next week but later I'll load up some snap caps and see how it cycles. If you like, I'll follow up this little thread with a range report featuring this monstrosity. I'm hoping it will be epic. ;)

AM-JKLVIQ6LxvnKLWakghyStxVzR4DbWWeaMy1oC2ZV9wyqw2gKp_zm_jFw2lItuQMPv75NydzyzbBQ6hi-wIHv7fEaykHYDUoTiQkn15HUHqfQcTPoXj_ZuU6HOV4D9pcMJ-Rd5bRTfG67ymSDww7N5aTBwMA=w696-h927-no

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Hi folks,

On a whim I thought I'd try out a new range toy. This thing looks like ridiculous fun. I read enough reviews that made me think it was worth $25. After all, I've spent more money on less fun. :ROFLMAO: I won't get to the range until next week but later I'll load up some snap caps and see how it cycles. If you like, I'll follow up this little thread with a range report featuring this monstrosity. I'm hoping it will be epic. ;)

AM-JKLVIQ6LxvnKLWakghyStxVzR4DbWWeaMy1oC2ZV9wyqw2gKp_zm_jFw2lItuQMPv75NydzyzbBQ6hi-wIHv7fEaykHYDUoTiQkn15HUHqfQcTPoXj_ZuU6HOV4D9pcMJ-Rd5bRTfG67ymSDww7N5aTBwMA=w696-h927-no

BassCliff
I run extended Glock Mags in my AR-9. They are ridiculously cool looking.

Hi guys!

Good luck!

I've had mostly poor results Pro Mag magazines.

Definitely keep us updated as to the results.
I run extended Glock Mags in my AR-9. They are ridiculously cool looking.

Thanks for playing along. Someone in another forum thought this of my latest purchase:

Please
Remeber
Our
Mags
Are
Garbage

I assured that person this would not be part of my EDC kit. ;) It's just for fun.

BassCliff

Hi guys!

Thanks for playing along. Someone in another forum thought this of my latest purchase:

Please
Remeber
Our
Mags
Are
Garbage

I assured that person this would not be part of my EDC kit. ;) It's just for fun.

BassCliff
Honestly I've only tried Pro Mag magazines with my Mini-14 and all 4 brand new mags were junk right out the gate but maybe for other firearms they work fine.

Hi,

Honestly I've only tried Pro Mag magazines with my Mini-14 and all 4 brand new mags were junk right out the gate but maybe for other firearms they work fine.

I was also told by another user on that other forum about AR-15 magazines that were very unreliable but other magazines work fine. I'm sure tolerance differences between various brands of the same style firearm can cause performance to be hit-n-miss. We'll see how this one treats me. 😉

BassCliff

I bought a ProMag for my Canik, 18-round standard, and I've run maybe 6-7 complete mag cycles without a hitch yet. I, like you Cliff, had no expectations for success with it, but it's been good thus far. My Canik is strictly a range toy and not for use in any defense situations, so all rounds have been FMJ RN. As some of us know, factory Canik mags do not exist except when purchased with a new gun.

Hi!

I bought a ProMag for my Canik, 18-round standard, and I've run maybe 6-7 complete mag cycles without a hitch yet. I, like you Cliff, had no expectations for success with it, but it's been good thus far. My Canik is strictly a range toy and not for use in any defense situations, so all rounds have been FMJ RN. As some of us know, factory Canik mags do not exist except when purchased with a new gun.

Last night I found 10 snap caps, loaded them up, and cycled them through a couple of times. So far, so good. The spring seems a little stiff and the lips are a bit sharp. You gotta be careful with your thumbs. Other than that, I can't wait to play live with it. ;)

AM-JKLVTw770ptLdOFz3eQpWYiL26AxaNPcwjKxMCH32TyHmJjXCWmOWSPbeiEbKzHlrvcCu1LDK6O17LZZ50Lfmam-UtGOTV22TIlW4cL5MZtsjc7kq_gCk333xor0Z6Eo2w_3PyoknkbXi9mrV9zlNq-KVwA=w1236-h927-no

BassCliff

My limited experience with Promags is spotty at best. I tried a few early on for a Witness pistol. One worked flawlessly one not at all.

Obviously enough of them work well enough or they would be out of business. Try it out well and if it works it's a good buy for you.

I have a ProMag for my AR9 which works fine but always fails to lock the bolt open. But I also have 2 Amend2 33 rd mags that everyone disparages and yet I’ve never had a problem with them and always make sure they come to the range with me when I take the AR9 with me. You never really know. Heck, some people don’t trust Sigs. Go figure.

I have a ProMag for my AR9 which works fine but always fails to lock the bolt open. But I also have 2 Amend2 33 rd mags that everyone disparages and yet I’ve never had a problem with them and always make sure they come to the range with me when I take the AR9 with me. You never really know. Heck, some people don’t trust Sigs. Go figure.
There are folks all over who don't trust brands of things because of personal experiences...and many times rightly so. Lemons exist from EVERY manufacturer...I'll just consider myself lucky to have a ProMag that has yet to fail (like the Canik I bought it for) and be happy.

Hi guys!

Hey, do you think anyone would notice? :ROFLMAO:

AL9nZEUPt7iso6iHUybu5EqC636EKZAUfRjKS6afOHSVnm6-KLQIJjwINv_Ra7u7hkutiLi2rmJowZtrY4P_QeJgxaE_lWuOhbFRUeW0ThhLyLfqX9jvoO7WwukKTfSrVBdWLMKL5p9bCimbk95UYIhoixqJyA=w774-h927-no

Perhaps I might get "outed". ;) If it works at the range maybe I'll leave it loaded in my truck for emergencies. Who knows? It could come in handy.

BassCliff
Boy, I could have went on and on with replies pertaining to a bulge, but I will behave myself, no sir I won’t say anything, I won’t ……..😬

Back