testtest

New P226-XFIVE Legion up for Pre-order

Pro Digy II

Professional
Ready for Pre-order, $2,200 with 3x 20-round mags. Aesthetically, I'm not a huge fan, some of the specs are pretty interesting, but I'm going to do a pre-emptive "meh" before Hans does it :D I like my P226 Legion better still (although these mags look nice).

1695914469949.png

I broke down and ordered one yesterday, 8 to 12 weeks estimated delivery time.

A lot of money to be sure, but Sig confirmed the MSRP on X-FIVEs is $2399 ($200 increase), so the $2249 price with shipping and no sales tax is cheaper than it will probably be in the future anywhere else.

I would imagine that the Gunbroker price will be sky high for quite a while.

I broke down and ordered one yesterday, 8 to 12 weeks estimated delivery time.

A lot of money to be sure, but Sig confirmed the MSRP on X-FIVEs is $2399 ($200 increase), so the $2249 price with shipping and no sales tax is cheaper than it will probably be in the future anywhere else.

I would imagine that the Gunbroker price will be sky high for quite a while.
I admire your willpower :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: It's a long ways out, I'd love to hear what you think of it.

These mags look intriguing. My biggest pet peeve on the 226 Legion is the ghetto mags that came with it, the Mec-Gar 18-rounders are so much better!

Looks cool, but heavy. Not for CC.

Weight aside, there are a number of other features on this version that would probably make it less than ideal for CC, but then again, I don't think that's what this version was really designed for anyway. The standard P226 can be CC'd, with the right holster/belt combo. But there's a reason Sig offered other models like the P239, P225 and P229.

I admire your willpower :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: It's a long ways out, I'd love to hear what you think of it.

These mags look intriguing. My biggest pet peeve on the 226 Legion is the ghetto mags that came with it, the Mec-Gar 18-rounders are so much better!
"Willpower" 😂😂 that's a laugh. I knew this model was coming but I had told myself... No way!
It took me all of about 5 minutes and I was filling out the order form. More like a total lack of willpower.

I currently own the P226 Legion DA/SA model with Romeo 1 Pro installed. I know they make a SAO version for this model as well. Does anyone know if the P226 XFive Legion also come in both flavors too?
Well, according to the P226 XFIVE Legion manual I found on their site, it's currently is only offered in a SAO model.

"The SIG SAUER P226 XFIVE pistol is currently offered in Single Action Only (SAO)"

I have two P226 SAO Legions but only .45 pistols interest me nowadays. The X5 is one damn fine pistol, though, I am sure the Legion version is a step up.
Even though I've already ordered one, I have mixed feelings about the new X-FIVE Legion. The regular X-FIVE uses a full 5" barrel while the Legion version cuts that down to a 4.4" bull barrel combined with their new 2 chamber integrated expansion chamber. A shorter barrel will lower the velocity probably about 50fps and at the same time decreases your sight radius, although I'm not sure if the difference is enough to worry about.

I do know the Staccato XC has been using a similar setup for a while and has been getting good reviews, but I don't know yet it if I prefer this new setup over just a traditional slide and 5" barrel. A 9MM doesn't have that much recoil, but from what I've heard the XC and it's integrated comp is a joy to shoot and the comp gets it back on target in a hurry.

This seems to be a new feature that Sig is starting to use on more of it's pistols and in general it gets pretty positive reviews.

Even though I've already ordered one, I have mixed feelings about the new X-FIVE Legion. The regular X-FIVE uses a full 5" barrel while the Legion version cuts that down to a 4.4" bull barrel combined with their new 2 chamber integrated expansion chamber. A shorter barrel will lower the velocity probably about 50fps and at the same time decreases your sight radius, although I'm not sure if the difference is enough to worry about.

I do know the Staccato XC has been using a similar setup for a while and has been getting good reviews, but I don't know yet it if I prefer this new setup over just a traditional slide and 5" barrel. A 9MM doesn't have that much recoil, but from what I've heard the XC and it's integrated comp is a joy to shoot and the comp gets it back on target in a hurry.

This seems to be a new feature that Sig is starting to use on more of it's pistols and in general it gets pretty positive reviews.
That 1/2 inch of barrel length is noticeable if you are going to carry it.

The overall length is the same. The Legion uses a 4.4" barrel but the added on integrated comp makes the slide the same length as if it had a 5" barrel, so essentially there's no difference in length.

I know some will want to carry this pistol, but not me. It's too big for one thing and too expensive for another. It will just be a range toy.

Back