testtest

New woodswalking pocket knife.

Sld1959

Hellcat
20221228_194125.jpg

Just received a new Boker locking two blade trapper to replace the one I have carried since the 80s. It disappeared somewhere and I missed it. I am a believer in the Nessmuk cutlery trio, folder, sheath knife and chopper (hachete was his choice).

It looks to be a fair replacement, good quality steel, smooth action and strong lockbacks. It's not too big or two small, I could use it to skin and clean anything from rabbit to elk and bear. I know, I did with the previous one more than once.

Ya, I know some do not agree with a folder used for cleaning game but I have used one many times and even hunted with a professional hunter that only used a Buck 110. I find a folder with linking blades perfectly acceptable.

Which is not to say that I only use a folder, that would be hardly true. But I do not feel undergunned, as it were with one. Have used one many times for all manner of woodcraft and game processing.

I am a knife maker for goodness sake and do most often have a sheath knife, often some type of hunter or skinner I am trying out before either keeping or giving away.

I find two options better than one...

Used the new knife to whittle a hotdogs stick for the raging bonfire remain of last weeks storm. Just cannot have a bonfire without cooking a hotdog. So breakfast this morning is a couple hot dogs and hot cocoa.

The knife performed the chore admirably, it's a nice comfortable size.

Take this all day long
eyJidWNrZXQiOiAiZmlsZXMua25pZmVjZW50ZXIuY29tIiwia2V5IjogImtuaWZlY2VudGVyL3NjaHJhZGUvaW1hZ2VzL1NDSExCN18zLmpwZyIsImVkaXRzIjogeyJyZXNpemUiOiB7IndpZHRoIjogNjUsImhlaWdodCI6IDQ3LCJmaXQiOiAiY29udGFpbiIsImJhY2tncm91bmQiOiB7InIiOiAyNTUsImciOiAyNTUsImIiOiAyNTUsImFscGhhIjogMX19fX0=
I apologize for this lame **** picture so took a pic of mine. Had this knife since 1982 and it can accomplish anything I need but now I primarily carry something much lighter. This knife opened many soup cans after poking a few vent holes. There weren't microwaves on construction sites back then so we used 1k or 1500 quartz lights to heat lunch. Saw a can of Beefaroni blow due to lack of venting absolutely unbelievable
Schrade.jpg

I apologize for this lame **** picture so took a pic of mine. Had this knife since 1982 and it can accomplish anything I need but now I primarily carry something much lighter. This knife opened many soup cans after poking a few vent holes. There weren't microwaves on construction sites back then so we used 1k or 1500 quartz lights to heat lunch. Saw a can of Beefaroni blow due to lack of venting absolutely unbelievable
View attachment 34411
That thing has been around

View attachment 34411
Nice old friend you got there. At first I thought Buck 110 with the little picture. Now I see its a Schrade. Won't find them like that old guy since Taylor brands bought them out and the new ones are a shadow of the Old Timers, pardon the pun.

Back