testtest

Not Enough Wrists

wolfpack076

Professional
Other than guns does anyone like me have a watch habit ?

Attachments

• thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 71
Other than guns does anyone like me have a watch habit ?
Yep caught the bug many years ago. When I was in computers I had a lot of nice expensive watches but I sold them to help fund the retirement homestead.

When I turned 60 I started reducing my collection of watches, guns, knives and flashlights. Now all I have are watches that I really love and or, mean something special. They are in age order in the watchbox, age being when I got them.

20221113_085828.jpg

Top left is the watch that started it all, I bought it used when I learned to dive in my sophomore year,1973, of high school a 1970 Bulova Snorkle "Devil Diver" .

Next is a Telux my wife bought for 5th anniversary. The green one is the rarest and most expensive an RGM 1 of 300 Sea3 I helped design. The one after that is a pirated version if the Sea 3 that sold by Croton for exactly one day before RGMs lawyers got after them. The orange one on the bottom is the watch I bought for my retirement a Zeno Army diver. The rest are watches I just enjoy wearing. Most are Citizens and Seikos.

I like watches too. I love the Suunto but the battery life stinks. The past 5 years or so I have leaned towards the Mudmaster because they are tough and the numbers are large enough for me to see without readers.
I would love to have a SEIKO or Citizen.
View attachment 32462
Nice watches. I had a Gshock for a number of years it was my go to hunting/road less traveled watch. When I got rid of the watches I noticed my cousin was wearing one of those cheap POS 5 buck watches you find at the checkout line of dollar stores. I gave it to him and he has worn it everyday for everything for three years now. Great watches.

Seiko divers, in my opinion, have the best lume in the business. I can charge it before bed and still see it at 5am. I am partial to automatics and thiers are some of the best buys out there.

When I was younger and just starting in my welding career , I went through several brands of watches very quickly. I mean like in 1 to 2 weeks they were done. I'm talking Caravelle and a Seiko. I finally bought a cheap Timex that lasted two years. So I have worn Timex watches since and they do what I want . That is to tell me what time it is.

Right now I have a Timex expedition on my wrist. I have had this watch two years now and it is still going strong. I did put a Spidel twist a flex band on it.

Back