testtest

NOT my cat, but it acts like it is

This cat is 1 crazy cat that meows and purrs all the time! It's getting fat so I was going to name it Garfield? Well the wife said "no". So I go how about "Mr. Meowgi"? Well, it has a name now even though it's not ours it acts like it is. Its 1 of 7 and I get the kids laughing when I say "Avengers assemble" and the kittens come running.
IMG_6008.jpg

we had a cat, Rocky was his name.

we bought him a small dog's harness....yup, and tie him under a huge Colorado blue spruce.

he loved being outside, in the warm weather.

many times, we'd forget to take him out, and he'd go get his harness and drag it into the house, and drop it on the floor.

mind you, he'd not go looking for us either, just drop the harness and sit and wait.......

20221031_212549.jpg

This is Mutt The Cat.

FB_IMG_1664668819328.jpg

I've told the story before but she used to live at a warehouse where I used to do security. She picked me.

She would show up every night and sit in the bushes right next to my employer's car. I took to feeding her and a few others (really any cat that showed up) the other cats would come eat and then they'd bail but she would sit outside the car all night long and she would would walk my rounds with me. She followed me like a dog. One night I got out of the car got ready to go do my rounds and I looked down and said "Let's go Mutt." It became her name.

One night they were expecting a blizzard at work so I threw a blanket in the backseat of my car just in case and when she showed up it was already well below freezing so I fed her and I let her get in the backseat of the car and curl up on that blanket. From that night forward that blanket was hers. Even now if I get it out she comes and curls up on it that is her blanket.

20220307_160840.jpg

After that night and until the night I brought her home she demanded to be allowed to sleep in the back of my car. For the first 6 months she was here I would watch her wake up from a nap and look around and you could see her thinking "Where in the hell am I?"

Mutt is an indoor cat by her own choice. Although to be fair I have to admit that I don't think that cats belong outside I don't think they're equipped for it. Whenever I open the front door she gets as far away from it as she possibly can she has absolutely no interest in walking out that door.

We have 2 inside cats and recently I bought the house next door which came with an inside/outside cat named Junior, who I call shorty. He looks exactly like my male inside cat Jeff except he is younger and much skinnier. Same coloring, white and orange. He'll come up to one of my back doors and look in and Jeff hits the glass from the inside like a ton of bricks. Phoebe, my small female is filled with ennui.

Mutt is an indoor cat by her own choice. Although to be fair I have to admit that I don't think that cats belong outside I don't think they're equipped for it. Whenever I open the front door she gets as far away from it as she possibly can she has absolutely no interest in walking out that door.
I agree... they aren't. In my neck of the woods the coyote eat just about every outdoor cat they can find, our local Campus Cats organization was taking care of a cat colony of about 40 cats (they were altered, tipped, and released) coyote ate all of them.

Back