testtest

NRA

OK. Good news, though I was never really afraid it would happen. But you never know. I know many people have abandoned the NRA and written it off over this scandal.

I've been a life member of the NRA since the mid '90s. I will continue to be. I'm not willing to throw the organization away just because Wayne LaPierre wasted a bunch of money. Obviously, there needs to be some house cleaning, though.

But considering the source of the accusations, I'm not going to just accept them at face value. The New York Attorney General is not some hero fighting to rescue the integrity on the NRA from corruption. She is a ruthless, bloodthirsty enemy of everything we hold dear. If she could declare us all to be terrorists and ship us off to Guantanamo Bay, she would. There is no lie she won't tell to hurt us. If she said the sky is blue I would not believe her.

I don't claim the allegations are false. How the heck would I know? But I think it's highly probable that many are overblown. Even if they aren't, I choose to remain a member, weather this storm, and carry on the fight. We will not be better off without the NRA.

If you differ, I understand. Don't bother yelling at me, though. I'm not going to fight with you over this. 🇺🇸

OK. Good news, though I was never really afraid it would happen. But you never know. I know many people have abandoned the NRA and written it off over this scandal.

I've been a life member of the NRA since the mid '90s. I will continue to be. I'm not willing to throw the organization away just because Wayne LaPierre wasted a bunch of money. Obviously, there needs to be some house cleaning, though.

But considering the source of the accusations, I'm not going to just accept them at face value. The New York Attorney General is not some hero fighting to rescue the integrity on the NRA from corruption. She is a ruthless, bloodthirsty enemy of everything we hold dear. If she could declare us all to be terrorists and ship us off to Guantanamo Bay, she would. There is no lie she won't tell to hurt us. If she said the sky is blue I would not believe her.

I don't claim the allegations are false. How the heck would I know? But I think it's highly probable that many are overblown. Even if they aren't, I choose to remain a member, weather this storm, and carry on the fight. We will not be better off without the NRA.

If you differ, I understand. Don't bother yelling at me, though. I'm not going to fight with you over this. 🇺🇸
Same. I’ve been a life member since 1986. If it wasn’t for the NRA no one here would be concealed carrying and no one here would own an AR-15.

i am only a 5 year member. don't know if at that time when renewal comes along, if i will still be involved in the sport or not.

but if i am, then only another 5 years at the most. sure, you save money going for a longer period, but, at my age...how long will that be..???

as it is i HAVE to be a member of the NRA, to belong to a private gun club.

i am only a 5 year member. don't know if at that time when renewal comes along, if i will still be involved in the sport or not.

but if i am, then only another 5 years at the most. sure, you save money going for a longer period, but, at my age...how long will that be..???

as it is i HAVE to be a member of the NRA, to belong to a private gun club.
I think I paid $300 for a life membership about 37 years ago. When my daughter was young, maybe 11 or 12, I got her a life membership as well.

So if not the NRA who is it that, I don't know, got the Clinton AW ban sunsetted ? NICS provision of The Brady Bill? Pretty much every pro 2A political move in congress ?
Not going to get into any disagreement over the NRA, I was a member since 1981, I just canceled my membership this fall after all those years, I don’t agree with who and how it’s run these days, the way I look at it, if any gun laws they want passed anymore, it doesn’t matter what organization tries to do something about it, it us who needs to get ahold of our legislators, just my opinion

Not going to get into any disagreement over the NRA, I was a member since 1981, I just canceled my membership this fall after all those years, I don’t agree with who and how it’s run these days, the way I look at it, if any gun laws they want passed anymore, it doesn’t matter what organization tries to do something about it, it us who needs to get ahold of our legislators, just my opinion
I know and understand your position brother, you've stated it before. I am not taking a shot at the opinion you posted in this post. I was responding to the comment " I wouldn't go as far as to say that" in reference to me saying that if it wasn't for the NRA we wouldn't have CCW or AR-15s. I'm just trying to figure out what you mean by it. Surely you remember before Florida had CCW. Do you believe that pressure on politicians from the NRA and it's members isn't responsible for all the states that followed ? Or that the NRA wasn't the reason the NICS clause was put into the Brady Bill ?

I'm not trying to get into a disagreement about the NRA Anni. I respect your opinion and I agree with it. I just choose not to throw the organization under the bus because of WLP.

I know and understand your position brother, you've stated it before. I am not taking a shot at the opinion you posted in this post. I was responding to the comment " I wouldn't go as far as to say that" in reference to me saying that if it wasn't for the NRA we wouldn't have CCW or AR-15s. I'm just trying to figure out what you mean by it. Surely you remember before Florida had CCW. Do you believe that pressure on politicians from the NRA and it's members isn't responsible for all the states that followed ? Or that the NRA wasn't the reason the NICS clause was put into the Brady Bill ?

I'm not trying to get into a disagreement about the NRA Anni. I respect your opinion and I agree with it. I just choose not to throw the organization under the bus because of WLP.
Yea, there pressure helped immensely, no doubt there, but it was us who put the pressure on the NRA and our legislators, I really can’t say who had more of an influence, anyway, enough on this, this has been a good conversation on both our parts, no harm, no foul, I respect your thoughts also on this.

Last edited:
Yea, there pressure helped immensely, no doubt there, but it was us who put the pressure on the NRA and our legislators, I really can’t say who had more of an influence, anyway, enough on this, this has been a good conversation on both our parts, no harm, no foul, I respect your thoughts also on this.
Come on guys Friday night’s for fightin’ .

Benny maybe a little head slapping and Bob I expect more from the bass player!

Come on guys Friday night’s for fightin’ .

Benny maybe a little head slapping and Bob I expect more from the bass player!
1646451533777.gif

i agree, but i live up here in the North East, and they just don't like guns up here.

that being said, i am a member of the NRA, GOA, GSSF, USCCA, and recently, SAF.

last year, maybe around August/September, i think it was the GOA, that sent us "form letters" that we then mail out to our legislators.

i added "some content", very politely too i must say.

then i forgot about it.

until i got a "form letter" back from one of my senators. (Jack Reed, Dem of course)

it was the "usual rhetoric" spewed out to appease the anti-gun people, rather than the pro 2A crowd. but yet, he "supports" the 2A...??? he went on to add..????

i was unsurprisingly angered by the response, as i see it as a no win situation in this part of the country.

i tore up that POS letter, and wish i hadn't, i should have scanned it, and posted it here.

so i think that no matter what, my feelings are that we need organizations such as those listed (and some others i haven't heard of), to have large numbers of voters speak volumes to our legislators.

at least those organizations to me, if we did NOT have any of them, we might be in a worse world of hurt.

Back