testtest

Numbers, statistics, lies and damn lies.

dad

Master Class
It never ceases to amaze me that pretty much every single article I read or have read seems to pull the numbers they use to forward their opinion right out of their ...... alternate universe. And the number of polls to support their opinion are a joke too. So I' m curious if anyone on this site has read the same statistics in more then one article.

It's well known that the Lefties get their talking points and marching orders through email blasts or podcasts on a daily basis. That's why you can hear the same exact phrases muttered throughout the day on any Lamestream channel. That's why I know I'm a White terrorist, racist, misogynist, homophobe, anti-democracy, knuckle dragger. That's if I choose to believe them. I don't.

MSM regularly uses The Giffords Group, Everytown For Gun Safety and other gun control groups parading as “ Gun safety” groups as the source for their stats. One I saw the other day said that 70+ percent of Americans want universal background checks. 🙄

You know there not going to give any numbers/polls against any gun control measures, it wouldn’t fit there bill, there only going to show polls in favor of gun control, that’s the way the left has always done, I don’t pay any attention to them, just remember, to them were are the bad guys cause we are law abiding.

It never ceases to amaze me how coordinated the Dems are. Like good little communist should be parroting the same thing from a thousand mouths.
The Republicans need to take a lesson on some of that. It seems to me that when pushed the Republicans scatter and then there is nothing cohesive in their messages.
It's times like this we need them to stick together like super glue. Now I know more than a few democrats are gun toting second amendment folks YET they seem to get real quiet in times like these and just go along with the group.
Absolutely nothing I've seen so far would have prevented any of these Mass shootings.
What I really want to know is how this kid was able to aquire the cash to buy these not cheap firearms and hundreds of rounds of ammo in such a short amount of time. It is my understanding he didn't have a job to which be able to afford such items.

It never ceases to amaze me how coordinated the Dems are. Like good little communist should be parroting the same thing from a thousand mouths.
The Republicans need to take a lesson on some of that. It seems to me that when pushed the Republicans scatter and then there is nothing cohesive in their messages.
It's times like this we need them to stick together like super glue. Now I know more than a few democrats are gun toting second amendment folks YET they seem to get real quiet in times like these and just go along with the group.
Absolutely nothing I've seen so far would have prevented any of these Mass shootings.
What I really want to know is how this kid was able to aquire the cash to buy these not cheap firearms and hundreds of rounds of ammo in such a short amount of time. It is my understanding he didn't have a job to which be able to afford such items.
Credit card. It is super simple for an 18 yr old to get a credit card, even with no income. In fact, quite a few credit cards do deals exactly for that market. This kid wasn’t some crazed lunatic who snapped one day. He knew what he was doing and prepared for it, just like the kid in Buffalo.

Credit card. It is super simple for an 18 yr old to get a credit card, even with no income. In fact, quite a few credit cards do deals exactly for that market. This kid wasn’t some crazed lunatic who snapped one day. He knew what he was doing and prepared for it, just like the kid in Buffalo.
You know I'm well aware of that. There's no way his CC limit was more than 500-750 dollars. My two sons who had good jobs had a heck of a time getting their limit raised higher than $2500 after having that CC and not missing payments and paying off balances for 5 yrs.
Could it still happen that it was CC sure it could have I guess. I'm placing money he stole it from granny and maybe she found out and that is why he shot her.
A lot of unanswered questions!

“Statistics are used much like a drunk uses a lamppost: for support, not illumination.”
- Vin Scully

“You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.”
- Abraham Lincoln

“We choose truth over facts.”
- JB, not a joke

“Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.”
- Oz
DA371550-3A55-481E-B06B-AE26BB9AA048.jpeg

I'm placing money he stole it from granny and maybe she found out and that is why he shot her.

Agree with all the unanswered questions. Read that the DOJ is involved…to investigate the PD response. Expect consequences for LE and not the dead perpetrator and enablers. The rest of the story in part doesn’t fit Their narrative other than opportunity to gun vilify law abiding citizens and it’s why MSM isn’t overdoing it.

You know I'm well aware of that. There's no way his CC limit was more than 500-750 dollars. My two sons who had good jobs had a heck of a time getting their limit raised higher than $2500 after having that CC and not missing payments and paying off balances for 5 yrs.
Could it still happen that it was CC sure it could have I guess. I'm placing money he stole it from granny and maybe she found out and that is why he shot her.
Why’d you ask then?

Why’d you ask then?
It's simple.
1. The place he bought the two guns could easily answer the question. Did he pay cash or? Crickets! They know everything else about the purchase.
2. His Grandmother has/was getting better and had been getting upgraded from critical to serious. Could she not communicate?
They know and have confirmed Daniel Defense were the rifles, they're not an inexpensive rifle.
Way too many unanswered questions, but hey lets vilify the gun maker as its all their fault.

All payments on time and a revolving balance for over 5 years and couldn't get a credit limit over $2500 ? Something else going on then. What's their credit score ? My brother in law had **** credit and my wife got him up in the 700s so he could get a mortgage in less than 2 years. He started with a secured credit card.

Anyway, I agree, no way that kid had his own credit card with a limit high enough to buy 2 DD rifles at 18 years old and probably no work history.

No nothing else going on. Banks got a little skittish back early mid 2000's with student debt defaults. My kids were not in college and had mediocre jobs making less than 25k.
My point was this kid it's highly unlikely at 18 they gave him a $5000 or $2500 limit.
My kids and myself all went through our small farm bureau credit union which typically pretty lenient.

It's simple.
1. The place he bought the two guns could easily answer the question. Did he pay cash or? Crickets! They know everything else about the purchase.
2. His Grandmother has/was getting better and had been getting upgraded from critical to serious. Could she not communicate?
They know and have confirmed Daniel Defense were the rifles, they're not an inexpensive rifle.
Way too many unanswered questions, but hey lets vilify the gun maker as its all their fault.
I think the blame is pretty firmly being placed at his feet. DD shot themselves in the foot - excuse the pun - with their advertising. They should have seen the writing on the wall and now - right or wrong - they’re probably going to pay the piper.

To quite the great John Wayne: Life is tough, but it’s tougher when you’re stupid.

It never ceases to amaze me that pretty much every single article I read or have read seems to pull the numbers they use to forward their opinion right out of their ...... alternate universe. And the number of polls to support their opinion are a joke too. So I' m curious if anyone on this site has read the same statistics in more then one article.
The thing about stats is you can bend them to fit your agenda. You can have the left and right support their argument and/or talking point with the same poll/study/database/etc. It pretty easy actually, here is an example: Let's say that there was a study that included as part of it the number of African Americans that had official contact with a law enforcement agency; be it traffic stop, investigation, arrest or crime canvas throughout the US for the whole year. Now lets also say this study also listed how many of these contacts ended in the death of an African American by law enforcement. That raw number would be quite high, lets say 1,000 for a hypothetical number.
Left would quote and tout the raw number of 1,000 deaths, what an outrage.
Right would report it as a miniscule percentage of the total number of millions of contacts. Like .0001%, and would also include the caveat that as many non-color perps are shot and killed as well but white lives, and asian lives, and latino lives don't matter. So there you go, consider the source and then as my dear old dad used to say ... a handful of statistics and $1 will get you a cup of coffee and $1 without the statistics will get you, uhhh a cup of coffee.

Reactions: dad
Back