testtest

NY has banned gun sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ny has banned gun sales and is being sued by the NRA. The Democrates in NY set a court hearing for sometime in June so it looks like I might not be getting the M1A I ordered for quite sometime.
Sorry to hear that. I feel a little of what you are experiencing. My son was scheduled for a safety class in order to obtain his pistol permit. I was going with him as a refresher. That was all shut down so he can't even put in an application for his permit. We are in a holding pattern like you.

98801C59-D680-48B5-94A1-09CC4D33B0DE.jpeg

And yet Cuomo denies that he's in the running for the November POTUS election. IMO he's just using/doing this to pad his resume with the far left with a "See what I can do" action against the 2A. It's pandering for votes, even if he won't admit it.

A guy I know was driving through NY to see a family friend. Being out of state the police stopped him. He had a revolver and the cops asked to search his car and he allowed them. They found the revolver and he got charged for each individual bullet he had due to the fact they were hollow points. It was, and still is a big deal. The laws of NY, NJ and CA are an absolute joke and other states are watching.

A guy I know was driving through NY to see a family friend. Being out of state the police stopped him. He had a revolver and the cops asked to search his car and he allowed them. They found the revolver and he got charged for each individual bullet he had due to the fact they were hollow points. It was, and still is a big deal. The laws of NY, NJ and CA are an absolute joke and other states are watching.
If they had no viable reason to stop him except for being an “out of state driver”
He had no reason to allow them to search his vehicle without a warrant. This goes back to knowing the laws in each state when you may be traveling through them.
When I travel to Connecticut I stop in Pennsylvania and unload my weapons, place the gun in one place and the ammunition somewhere else, usually somewhere in the bed of the truck, this way the gun can not be loaded quickly.
The best way to avoid any issues.

If they had no viable reason to stop him except for being an “out of state driver”
He had no reason to allow them to search his vehicle without a warrant. This goes back to knowing the laws in each state when you may be traveling through them.
When I travel to Connecticut I stop in Pennsylvania and unload my weapons, place the gun in one place and the ammunition somewhere else, usually somewhere in the bed of the truck, this way the gun can not be loaded quickly.
Yes, they said his tag light was out. NY has a hard on for outta towners. He was not up to date with the hollow points, which was his fault and he knows it but he felt he was ok and instead of causing further delay he allowed them to search the car. They would have searched the car whether he said yes or no. It would have just been a matter of time.

Yes, they said his tag light was out. NY has a hard on for outta towners. He was not up to date with the hollow points, which was his fault and he knows it but he felt he was ok and instead of causing further delay he allowed them to search the car. They would have searched the car whether he said yes or no. It would have just been a matter of time.
NY suspects everything, so all will be probable cause?

I have friends from NY - stories abound, about out-of-staters who were pulled over simply because XYZ detail on their car, which met all safety inspection requirements for their home state, didn't meet NY standards...so they got pulled and interrogated. Big popular one was the front license plate. NY requires one. Some states do not require one, such as PA. PA drivers would get pulled over for not having a front tag...even though their home state didn't require it. Generally just a gate-opener, to dig for other violations.

Go direct to SCOTUS, NY does not collect any more fed aid.

Agreed. I've said all along - declare a "sanctuary" policy that goes against the Constitution? Lose all federal funding. ALL of it. Highways. Schools. Emergency Services.

And, take out TV ads in that area, giving the name of their representative, and explaining why you, citizen, now have crappy roads, no schools, and little to no law enforcement or emergency responders.

Yup, especially living here in the Northeast, you have to know each State's gun laws. Likewise, if I wanted to drive from PA. to NC, I'd need to do the same before venturing through Maryland (Virginia, I'd have to check every hour, since they're adding anti 2A laws hourly it seems). I have PA. and Utah carry permits, so I need to know the States that honor these. It's getting more difficult with the Utah permit, as several States will only recognize it, if you are a resident of the State of Utah (which now is the restriction in my State of PA. for recognizing Utah, unfortunately).
I've also read that even following these State laws, there have been cases of gun confiscations. I read on one forum, a poster wrote that he was traveling through NY State on his way to Maine and was stopped. The trooper asked if he could search the vehicle and the drive consented. The trooper found an unloaded rifle in the trunk and secured ammunition in the glove compartment, thus showing the driver was following Federal law allowing transportation of a firearm across State lines when also following NY State laws (Ammo and unloaded firearm kept separately and apart). Even thought this driver never stopped and was just driving through the State, the trooper seized the rifle and said he driver could get it back after they checked it for being stolen or used in a crime. This poster hired a lawyer and tried to get his rifle back for 4 years without success (excuses like it was lost, or they tried to send it back, etc.) So even when following these anti 2A unconstitutional State laws, they can't be trusted to violate other constitutional rights in regards of seizing personal property illegally.

Federal law Title 18-Part 1-Chapter 44 926A, which explains Interstate travel, gives you the right to transport firearms through NY so as long as the place you came from you are legal to own/carry and the place you are going you are legal to own/carry. Most cops are unaware of this law, especially in anti-gun states.

If you are traveling NY, or any similar anti-2A state, you must empty your magazines, have both the ammo and the gun locked up but separately and you "MUST NOT STOP" in the state. Make sure you follow all rules of the road. You must not stay over. In other words, this is how you transport through the state.

https://www.govinfo.gov/app/details/USCODE-2011-title18/USCODE-2011-title18-partI-chap44-sec926A

Chapter 44, page 202

I would have sued the trooper & state for violating federal law.

Last edited:
You do not HAVE to allow law enforcement to search your vehicle just because they want to. You also don’t HAVE to answer their questions beyond the general name, birthdate etc. by asking you questions, (sometimes the same question differently) they are trying to get you to contradict yourself.
Stay calm ask why you were stopped, if it’s a light tell the officer you will get it repaired as soon as possible. If they give you a ticket for the light accept it graciously. NEVER ARGUE. DON’T get out of the vehicle, if he asks to search just simply calmly say NO You don’t have to explain your response. If he asks again calmly say no. LAW ENFORCEMENT has NO justification to search your vehicle because of a burned out light bulb.
As long as you stay calm and under control the officer will also if you get belligerent and get out of control your toast.

My opinion only, you see how far the states governors and city mayors have gone with these stay at home orders, once you give any, and I mean any power to any government official, they always go to the extreme, this so called power makes them do what they deem necessary, (governors, mayors) in there minds. They don’t care about any state or federal laws they me be breaking, all that’s important to them is I will do want I want and nobody is going to do a thing about it. People just need to remember this BS when it’s election time, that’s the only power they will ever understand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back