testtest

Off To The Doctor Today

For the last couple weeks I’ve been dealing with some intense left shoulder pain, the worst of it is when I’m trying to sleep. Although I do have some tests coming up including some imaging and then an MRI however following the initial doctors visit its looking like I have arthritis that is significantly damaging the bones in my left shoulder. I’m glad I’m right hand/arm dominate.
Tomorrow I’m off to get my hearing tested and will most likely end up with hearing aids. It’s getting interesting getting old.

For the last couple weeks I’ve been dealing with some intense left shoulder pain, the worst of it is when I’m trying to sleep. Although I do have some tests coming up including some imaging and then an MRI however following the initial doctors visit its looking like I have arthritis that is significantly damaging the bones in my left shoulder. I’m glad I’m right hand/arm dominate.
Good luck and I hope everything turns out ok.

Yeah Keystone, good luck. I have torn rotator cuff muscles in both my shoulders that were extremely painful. I took a MRI to determine it (ask for the oversize MRI if they have one. The one that was taken for my shoulders was extremely cramped and I'm not claustrophobic. The one I had for a brain scan was oversized and slightly less cramped). Before the Rotator Cuff surgery option, I did 2 months of Physical Therapy and regained close to 100% movement and no pain in both shoulders. So far my hearing is fine, but I agree, Once I got into my 60's, medical issues became more prevalent.
Here's wishing you the best of all outcomes.

Yeah Keystone, good luck. I have torn rotator cuff muscles in both my shoulders that were extremely painful. I took a MRI to determine it (ask for the oversize MRI if they have one. The one that was taken for my shoulders was extremely cramped and I'm not claustrophobic. The one I had for a brain scan was oversized and slightly less cramped). Before the Rotator Cuff surgery option, I did 2 months of Physical Therapy and regained close to 100% movement and no pain in both shoulders. So far my hearing is fine, but I agree, Once I got into my 60's, medical issues became more prevalent.
Here's wishing you the best of all outcomes.
Thanks BET, I had a minor tear in my right rotator cuff back in my 30’s I also chose therapy over surgery and have had no issues since. It will get sore shooting my M1A .308 but usually for just a day or two. The pain in my left is so much worse, sleeping is near impossible since I’m a side sleeper and I find myself getting up and sleeping in my recliner.

Tomorrow I’m off to get my hearing tested and will most likely end up with hearing aids. It’s getting interesting getting old.
I have a torn rotator cuff on one side and separated shoulder on the other. so i feel you pain. Literally. A lot of shoulder problems can be helped or even fixed with rehab and continued shoulder exercises. You’d be surprised how much it can improve quality of life.
My hearing is still good, so i can’t offer much there. My wife thinks otherwise (selective hearing i guess).
Good luck.

Good luck I know well both your complaints. My shoulder has been dislocated more times than I care to remember. Now it feels like there's gravel in there. And I have had hearing aids for 10 years now.

Overall, the hearing aides are easier to get used to. They sure do make a difference. My wife will yell at me because she accuses me of turning them off sometimes.

If they talk surgery, it's one of the hardest joint surgeries to recover from. I had minor surgery on my shoulder and it was harder to rehab from than hip replacement.

I thought I had arthritis in my shoulder. I’d swear it was swelling to the point it was pushin itself out of socket. Went in and had the mri. Turned out to be bone spurs. Doc pointed out all the black in the image and told me those were all bruised tendons and ligaments from the spurs. Rather than doing surgery, the joy of cortisone shots. When it flares up.

Good luck with the doc. Hope it’s something treatable.

Best of luck Key, and God bless !

So far, I’m holding my own with fairly regular Chiro visits and some stretching routines i do. But my eyes are going crazy (since age 55) and the arthritis seems to be
s l o w l y taking hold in my hands.

We’ll c what the future brings. Just know you ain’t alone bro !

Partially tore both rotator cuffs each separately lifting heavy objects. No surgery, no PT. Took 3-5 years for each to get back to "normal". As mentioned, shoulder surgery has the longest and most difficult recovery from any joint surgery. Same pain problems you described. I'm now sleep only on my back...kinda forced into it. Good luck.

Partially tore both rotator cuffs each separately lifting heavy objects. No surgery, no PT. Took 3-5 years for each to get back to "normal". As mentioned, shoulder surgery has the longest and most difficult recovery from any joint surgery. Same pain problems you described. I'm now sleep only on my back...kinda forced into it. Good luck.
I’ve been a side sleeper as long as I can remember and just can’t sleep on my back in bed.

don't tell me about getting old.

even my old underwear complains.

good luck at the doctor's office.

Back