testtest

Olight Odin Mini (First Look)

KLGunner

Staff member
Olight Odin Mini
By Kevin Lord

image1.jpeg

Hello fellow tac-light lovers. Do you have an oversized tac-light that just seems to get in your way when your hunting? Well ladies and gentlemen you’re in luck. Olight has came out with an Odin Mini a small tactical light that mounts directly to your rifle or pistol of choice, yes that’s right I said rifle or pistol of your choice. Let me take you through the first look of the Odin and I’ll dive more into the product later in a full article.

First Look:

The Odin Mini at first glance is a small flashlight measuring in at just under 5 inches long with a head diameter of just over an inch. The head of this light has a saw tooth design on it with 3 larger ridges on the other end guarding the button. The power button doubles as a magnetic recharging port for Olight’s patented MCC3 Magnetic Charging cable. The package comes standard with the M-Lok rail mount that mounts to the barrel guard of your favorite rifle or SBR. It also comes with a magnetic remote pressure switch that attaches to you M-Lok picatinny rail and all the hardware needed to mount this entire unit. If your wanting to mount this to a pistol with a little extra cost, you can order the mount for picatinny rail.
image2.jpeg
The Odin Mini is a bright little guy, after I charged this unit, I turned it on and it brightened up my Livingroom as if the clouds weren’t blocking out the sun outside. The power button on the Odin has three settings a low setting, high setting and momentary setting. The low setting of only 200 lumens on a quick soft press of the button. On a full press of the button you get a whopping 1,250 lumens that shines bright for 6 minutes before dimming down to 900 lumens for 11 minutes, 700 lumens for 39 minutes and lastly 200 lumens for 14 minutes. Lastly the momentary setting is just as it sounds press and hold the button for as long as you want the full 1,250 lumens only releasing when your ready for the light to be off.
image3.jpeg
The Odin Mini runs around $150 not a bad price to pay considering all you get for this nice little package. The Odin Mini comes with a 5year warranty. It is drop tested at 1.5 meters and has an IPX8 waterproof rating. For a full review please wait for my article to drop. If you order this on their Black Friday sale you could get all this and save yourself 35% off this product making it only cost you $97.47. That is over $50 in savings the sale starts on Wednesday November 25th, 2020 and last until November 30th, 2020 so join me there by clicking the link below.

https://olight.idevaffiliate.com/idevaffiliate.php?id=543

Last edited:
Needs a strobe function.

I like the Inforce WML/WMLx Gen 2 series.

My .02

Last edited:
Are these made in China? Not that I would refuse to own it because of that, but I might not want to pay $150 for a Chinese flashlight. I have a $40 Chinese light that does everything this one does and has been battered repeatedly on top of a 12 gauge with no problems.

Back