testtest

Omaha Outdoors

Bassbob

Emissary
Has anyone bought any firearms through them ? They have something I want and right now they are the only ones who say they have it. A couple of things give me pause. For starters, I have been searching for this gun for a few weeks and no one except occasionally a guy on GB seems to have it. Magically it popped up on their site last night a couple hundred cheaper than the guy on GB. And putting it in your cart it automatically adds ( which you can remove) a $107 shipping insurance fee. Removing that option brings up a warning that they will not be responsible in case of theft or damage of shipment. I've never seen a company do that before.

Part of me thinks that if they got some in it's just a matter of time before all the other vendors get them. This item sells out extremely fast though and the other part of me says buy it. Scaring people with shipping theft insurance though ?

Any thoughts ?

Has anyone bought any firearms through them ? They have something I want and right now they are the only ones who say they have it. A couple of things give me pause. For starters, I have been searching for this gun for a few weeks and no one except occasionally a guy on GB seems to have it. Magically it popped up on their site last night a couple hundred cheaper than the guy on GB. And putting it in your cart it automatically adds ( which you can remove) a $107 shipping insurance fee. Removing that option brings up a warning that they will not be responsible in case of theft or damage of shipment. I've never seen a company do that before.

Part of me thinks that if they got some in it's just a matter of time before all the other vendors get them. This item sells out extremely fast though and the other part of me says buy it. Scaring people with shipping theft insurance though ?

Any thoughts ?
If you’re even thinking it’s a sketchy deal it probably is. Go with your gut feeling.

I have purchased from them at beginning of pandemic. The shipping to my FFl was fast, they sent a bunch of promo garbage( koozie , bagged candy, cheap bag) with the firearm.
I think they are high on prices.
As far as the shipping and insurance goes prices have gone up quite a bit and the basic amount covered by carrier has always been relatively low. So full coverage has been passed onto you. If your not comfortable pump the brakes and wait till next opportunity.

I HAVE NEVER BOUGHT FROM THEM.

They seem to have a 99.5% positive review percentage on eBay

Mixed reviews on Yelp:

61.1 / 100 on scam detector:

What are you looking for?
The $107 shipping/insurance might be reasonable depending on the value of the item.

Any thoughts ?
Follow up…….
I googled (Omaha Outdoors) on my iPhone and clicked on the map, they are located in Texas and when I zoom in the map shows this.
0FF83ED7-CD6D-4574-8988-9999B3D86F3D.png

That being said they are not BBB accredited and reviews by employees and customers show really bad customer service.
Be careful.

Follow up…….
I googled (Omaha Outdoors) on my iPhone and clicked on the map, they are located in Texas and when I zoom in the map shows this.
View attachment 32558
That being said they are not BBB accredited and reviews by employees and customers show really bad customer service.
Be careful.
BBB might as well be BBC. Not diss'n you, just many places I shop aren't 3b rated. As for location.....Texas? That's funny by itself on location. I purchased something from Rainier (Oregon or Washington location) , but call contact or shipping center states from Kansas. I did receive my order. Yes, there's lots of sketchy dealings on the web. Especially when you see prices that are out of norm. If @Bassbob doesn't see CC accepted, then run for sure! Crap on crypto coin type and PayPal for that matter. To me it's just as bad, but then again it's not my money. Fine the fine print. Sometimes you have to add to cart and go to checkout before it gives you up yours coin/currency.

Any thoughts ?
Check here Bob, this is where I get my guns from, they do online sales

$107 seems excessive, mighty excessive, yet it also depends on the Declared Value of what’s being shipped, this usually protects the Shipper than the Receiver. I get stuff delivered and in most cases I’m home to receive the ups delivery and opt out of the retailers extra insurance up-charge, sometimes it’s as much as $15 more. Noted ups insures free up to $100 whereas a case of 9mm being declared at $300, the nominal insurance fee should be more than $5.
One off items are best to get extra-insured over standard everyday replaceable items.
The Retailer has the obligation and Shipper responsibility to deliver an item the Consumer. Making a claim for an item not received will take longer to sort out with Retailer as they have file their claim with the Shipper.

$107 seems excessive, mighty excessive, yet it also depends on the Declared Value of what’s being shipped, this usually protects the Shipper than the Receiver. I get stuff delivered and in most cases I’m home to receive the ups delivery and opt out of the retailers extra insurance up-charge, sometimes it’s as much as $15 more. Noted ups insures free up to $100 whereas a case of 9mm being declared at $300, the nominal insurance fee should be more than $5.
One off items are best to get extra-insured over standard everyday replaceable items.
The Retailer has the obligation and Shipper responsibility to deliver an item the Consumer. Making a claim for an item not received will take longer to sort out with Retailer as they have file their claim with the Shipper.
It’s a $2500 shotgun that will be shipped to my FFL.

Back