testtest

Opinions on ATF Resignation Letter

wmg1299

Professional
Career ATF Agent Brandon Garcia has had enough of the politicization of his agency, and submitted a scathing resignation letter (see link below). The old LEO side of me is proud of Agent Garcia for telling the brass where they can shove it. Unfortunately, the more political side of me worries that Agent Garcia is giving the ATF exactly what they want. I would have been proud to work beside an Agent like Garcia, who wanted to put criminals in jail and protect the innocent. I worry that the current administration would be happy if all of the agents like Garcia voluntarily put themselves out to pasture, so they could be replaced with young Generation Z members who have been educated from birth to hate guns. What are your thoughts?

I applaud Mr. Garcia for his forthright approach. Unfortunately, the likely attitude of the higher-ups at ATF is probably "good riddance to bad rubbish".

Wokeism is a cancer that has invaded the body republic, and it shouldn't surprise anyone that it has corrupted the legal system. The Marxist left currently in power views law enforcement as a tool to bludgeon the law abiding into compliance rather than a means to protect and serve the people. That fundamental difference in the way law enforcement is viewed is a chilling reminder of how the Marxist left views the citizens of our nation.

When government uses agencies chartered to protect the citizens against those people, the people must remove those in power from power. We have an opportunity to do that in November. By voting out sycophants to this anti-American push, we can begin to turn the tide. Purge Congress of all those who embrace this nonsense. That will give us the opportunity to somewhat neuter the agenda of Biden (or whoever is actually running this administration) until we can vote them out in 2024.

So he didn’t so much submit his resignation as he did his manifesto. Despite his years of service to the country and his obvious passion, a six page rant does not paint a portrait of a well balanced individual.
Mr. Garcia's references to Jan 6 events makes me think that he may be a bit too conservative for his new boss. He may have seen the handwriting on the wall and punched his own ticket instead of being shown the door. Still, one has to wonder how many agents across the country feel the same way.

Mr. Garcia's references to Jan 6 events makes me think that he may be a bit too conservative for his new boss. He may have seen the handwriting on the wall and punched his own ticket instead of being shown the door. Still, one has to wonder how many agents across the country feel the same way.
As he mentions, most agents are gun people. It’s hard to see how most couldn’t feel the same way. Screwing around with what defines a gun, or can you use a brace like a stock must be really trying. And the videos that are going round making agents look like clowns can’t do anything for long-term outlook.

Blackmesa96, in post #2 said: "The Marxist left currently in power views law enforcement as a tool to bludgeon the law abiding into compliance rather than a means to protect and serve the people. That fundamental difference in the way law enforcement is viewed is a chilling reminder of how the Marxist left views the citizens of our nation."

I'm very afraid this is what we're about to see with the addition of 87,000 new IRS agents if this latest "inflation reduction" bill is passed. That's right, I said 87,000 new agents authorized in this one bill. Imagine the cost of simply implementing this insanity.

Government sized salaries for 87,000 new federal gov't employees at various levels of compensation, federal gov't benefits for those same 87,000 new employees, and not even considering yet the cost of office space, FF&E (furniture, fixtures, and equipment), vehicles, and on and on and on.

We've already seen how the IRS has been and was weaponized toward the opposition to their agenda with the Lois Lerner thing of a couple years ago, and the ultimate hold up and interference of tax exempt status's for some right leaning groups.

As time has gone on we've seen more and more evidence of many of the 'alphabet' agencies weaponized to some degree or another, some far worse than others. I don't know the whole answer to much of this, but I know in my heart we (our society and our country) are headed for a very bad time if we can't and/or don't find a better path forward than what we're living right now.

Just this one old man's opinion ..................... !!!

Blackmesa96, in post #2 said: "The Marxist left currently in power views law enforcement as a tool to bludgeon the law abiding into compliance rather than a means to protect and serve the people. That fundamental difference in the way law enforcement is viewed is a chilling reminder of how the Marxist left views the citizens of our nation."

I'm very afraid this is what we're about to see with the addition of 87,000 new IRS agents if this latest "inflation reduction" bill is passed. That's right, I said 87,000 new agents authorized in this one bill. Imagine the cost of simply implementing this insanity.

Government sized salaries for 87,000 new federal gov't employees at various levels of compensation, federal gov't benefits for those same 87,000 new employees, and not even considering yet the cost of office space, FF&E (furniture, fixtures, and equipment), vehicles, and on and on and on.

We've already seen how the IRS has been and was weaponized toward the opposition to their agenda with the Lois Lerner thing of a couple years ago, and the ultimate hold up and interference of tax exempt status's for some right leaning groups.

As time has gone on we've seen more and more evidence of many of the 'alphabet' agencies weaponized to some degree or another, some far worse than others. I don't know the whole answer to much of this, but I know in my heart we (our society and our country) are headed for a very bad time if we can't and/or don't find a better path forward than what we're living right now.

Just this one old man's opinion ..................... !!!

So he didn’t so much submit his resignation as he did his manifesto. Despite his years of service to the country and his obvious passion, a six page rant does not paint a portrait of a well balanced individual.
funny how some people need to say way too much, when they quit.

he could have written a book, or went on the talk show circuit, and ranted, to a larger audience.

i usually just cleaned out my truck (as a former trucker), or loaded up my tool boxes (as a former mechanic) , and drove away.

i felt no need to explain why i quit.

i never gave any "2 week notice" either..

i figured "they'd" notice in 2 weeks, i was gone.

I noticed issues with their mission in the nineties following Ruby Ridge and Waco and if not for 911, not sure what their status would be today. They clearly aren't focusing on tobacco or alcohol as they adopt questionable approaches to their oath to the Constitution. They have a place for sure, but responding to a Party's dictates, ain't one...

funny how some people need to say way too much, when they quit.

he could have written a book, or went on the talk show circuit, and ranted, to a larger audience.

i usually just cleaned out my truck (as a former trucker), or loaded up my tool boxes (as a former mechanic) , and drove away.

i felt no need to explain why i quit.

i never gave any "2 week notice" either..

i figured "they'd" notice in 2 weeks, i was gone.
The only time I formally resigned I presented a two sentence resignation letter - one of which was, I wish you and the company all the best in the future.

Just another snowflake cop. Now, instead of his little 3 letter acronym, he’s got a new 5 letter descriptor. Starts with a B.

I noticed issues with their mission in the nineties following Ruby Ridge and Waco and if not for 911, not sure what their status would be today. They clearly aren't focusing on tobacco or alcohol as they adopt questionable approaches to their oath to the Constitution. They have a place for sure, but responding to a Party's dictates, ain't one...
They actually spend quite a but of time on alcohol as we deal with them all the time for product.

They actually have a criminal investigation division, carry guns, and make arrests. As an elected official I'm sure she actually knew this.

We both know the of the IRS special agent criminal investigation unit, and I’m sure the politicians all know this as well especially if they are aware of their budgets since she found the expendature. They should have better access and current employment figures on how many Special Agents there are.

If I can speculate Boeberts purpose for questioning the purchase of that ammo, maybe it’s just political fodder since all the hypocritical, defunder Dems have 1: jumped on gun grabbing bandwagon and 2: recent spending budget to bloat the IRS by 87,000.

If estimated there’s 2000 on the minimum, they are required to qualify monthly with their handgun. 2000 Agents across the US shoot 50 rounds a month at the practice range is 100,000 rounds, and everyone can figure the government does not shop for the cheapest ammo, they can easily spend $25 a box, or $2 mil a year which could average $700,000 per quarter.

Sure, Boebert is a thorn to Nancy’s foot. I’d like to see her release the rest of the story now as this Inflation Reduction Bill has now passed, we’ll find out over the course of the next two years what this is really in in it and what it’s going to cost…and it won’t be just all for hiring IRS special agents and ammo.
Bottom line - If the Commerce Dept can’t stymie the retailer, and the ATF can’t get the FFL, the IRS is next in line and they man, can they dig.

They actually have a criminal investigation division, carry guns, and make arrests. As an elected official I'm sure she actually knew this.
And as of this weekend they have 86,000 new agents. They are now bigger than the CIA, The FBI and Homeland Security combined.

We both know the of the IRS special agent criminal investigation unit, and I’m sure the politicians all know this as well especially if they are aware of their budgets since she found the expendature. They should have better access and current employment figures on how many Special Agents there are.

If I can speculate Boeberts purpose for questioning the purchase of that ammo, maybe it’s just political fodder since all the hypocritical, defunder Dems have 1: jumped on gun grabbing bandwagon and 2: recent spending budget to bloat the IRS by 87,000.

If estimated there’s 2000 on the minimum, they are required to qualify monthly with their handgun. 2000 Agents across the US shoot 50 rounds a month at the practice range is 100,000 rounds, and everyone can figure the government does not shop for the cheapest ammo, they can easily spend $25 a box, or $2 mil a year which could average $700,000 per quarter.

Sure, Boebert is a thorn to Nancy’s foot. I’d like to see her release the rest of the story now as this Inflation Reduction Bill has now passed, we’ll find out over the course of the next two years what this is really in in it and what it’s going to cost…and it won’t be just all for hiring IRS special agents and ammo.
Bottom line - If the Commerce Dept can’t stymie the retailer, and the ATF can’t get the FFL, the IRS is next in line and they man, can they dig.
You’re correct. There’s 375 billion to fight climate change. They reduced SS and Medicare but hey, they’re going to make prescription drugs slightly cheaper.

Oh, they’re also raising the federal gas tax. So IRS thugs to squeeze every dime out of taxpayers, higher fuel costs and less SS. And 375B to fight global warming. They should get Obama to allocate that money. He did a great job last time.

People love this kinda thing. I’m sure they’ll get all the votes they need and then some so they can retain power in November.

You’re correct. There’s 375 billion to fight climate change. They reduced SS and Medicare but hey, they’re going to make prescription drugs slightly cheaper.

Oh, they’re also raising the federal gas tax. So IRS thugs to squeeze every dime out of taxpayers, higher fuel costs and less SS. And 375B to fight global warming. They should get Obama to allocate that money. He did a great job last time.

People love this kinda thing. I’m sure they’ll get all the votes they need and then some so they can retain power in November.
Yeah, your $100 medication will cost only $97.50 and there’s a $2000 out of pocket per year, but at least they’re going to fix the weather …so heading out for your rhumatiz‘ medicine you’ll be comfortable… until you run into a lawless, jobless, pack of government entitlement supported feral street urchins.

It will take months (4) to hire and train just a small batch of new IRS special agents at a time There’s only so much room at FLETC to handle the hundreds already the going thru the same special agent program from all the other DHS agencies.

And…just like the Dem House, the US Senate skedaddled after the vote. Both are now on August recess and with the help of fake news media, their feet won’t be held to the fire by the uninformed constituency as this recess period is meant from them to bolster and gaslight their record for the Mid term elections propaganda push.

Back