testtest

Optical Site for XDS???

Yes, it can.

Changes will depend on how you want to mount it; there are plates that replace the rear sight and mount the optics above the slide, but that will put the optic really tall. The other option is to mill the slide for the optic.

The go-to handgun MRDS’s are between Trijicon’s RMR and the Leupold Deltapoint, imho. These are both pretty rugged and proven platforms.

I went with a more expensive route. I got my XD milled by Dv8 Tactical based in Cali. And I installed a Vortex Venom. I have no regrets.

The XDS is non osp to mount a red dot to the XDS an OSP Mount #1 required and requires removal of the rear sight to add the osp mounting plate #1 . Then you mount the red dot to the #1 plate

Or just get a laser, then in the heat of the moment you don't even need sight picture. Place dot on target, pull trigger.

1589037749571.png

Reactor5 series - magnetic holster, no button-push required, it lights automatically when you draw. By the time the muzzle clears the kydex, it's lit.

Can an optical site be mounted to an XDS? If so, what changes will have to be made to the pistol? What brands and models would you recommend?
You can remove the rear sight and replace it with a red dot mounting plate-like the one Sight Mark makes the #1 mounting plate for XD and the Mini Shot red dot sight by sight mark it has a piece that goes into the dovetail slot where your rear sight was and its tapped with two screw holes and the plate attaches via 2 screws once its tight you put the mini shot on and fasten two more screws on top of the sight base plate and the mini shot is held in place. but its your only sight as the rear sight was removed.

Back