testtest

Oregon Measure 114 – Magazine Bans, Registries, and State Police

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
What do you need to know about Oregon’s Measure 114? The National Rifle Association (NRA), Second Amendment Foundation (SAF), and Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC) opposed it and anti-gun groups such as Bloomberg’s Everytown, Oregon Alliance for Gun Safety, and Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence supported it. That’s the short — and somewhat cynical — answer. However, the details do tell the tale of the new assault on our gun rights.

Oregon Measure 114, Changes to Firearm Ownership and Purchase Requirements Initiative (2022) was described by the NRA as “The nation’s most extreme gun control Initiative.”

Oregon Measure 114

1668919466992.png

It's been reported by folks in Oregon that the large sporting goods stores have said they will stop selling firearms on Dec. 7, 2022, because of all the uncertainties with the bill's implementation.

1 way to not have the ability to own a gun, more guns and ammo. Places going out of business because of more restrictions/limitations is preposterous! Lets limit their fill up on their electric vehicles and see how far they get! How about for the "fat" politicians a sandwich a week! When I'm the 1 holding the water they will get nothing except salt water! Lots to drink up with a hint of fish pee!

There's a certain demographic that is rapidly overrunning the places filled with natural beauty and totally ruining it for everyone else. Washington state, Oregon, California, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, they're moving into Texas. I sure hope in the coming years Wyoming, Montana, Idaho and the Dakotas resist

I watched a you-tube video from a gunshop owner in OR just after the election...the video has since been removed (why? it's you-tube). He explained how the new law makes it legally impossible for any non-gun owner to buy a gun. In order for a FFL to hand you a pistol in a store to rent it, shoot it, sell it, feel it, you need to perform a legal firearm transfer. In order to qualify for said transfer, you need a state issued permit. Said permit requires state-supplied training classes. Said state classes require you to bring your own firearm...see the catch? Oh what a tangled web we weave...

There's a certain demographic that is rapidly overrunning the places filled with natural beauty and totally ruining it for everyone else. Washington state, Oregon, California, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, they're moving into Texas. I sure hope in the coming years Wyoming, Montana, Idaho and the Dakotas resist
People who live in these places need to greet their new neighbors and remind them that the newbies left the liberal cesspool because of the policies of that ideology. The new residents need to be advised that they are in a new place (for them) and they need to abandon their sick and perverted liberal ideas or their life will be most uncomfortable.

When you look at the national House of Rep map you get a truer view of what's happening that areas with the highest populations (aka the BIG cities) are dominating the rest of the respective states, with the exception of NM, the New England states & Hawai, when it comes down to dominating the rest of the states.

1668962041270.png
Montana is solid red, except the Libertarian vote has repeatedly given our Demo Senator the advantage in past elections.

Some municipalities have tried to sneak in restrictions, but our state has a strong preemption rule in the state constitution in place to slap them down.

Folks need to avoid "Ranked Choice Voting" which is a back-door way to cause the dilution of an individual vote.

What do you need to know about Oregon’s Measure 114? The National Rifle Association (NRA), Second Amendment Foundation (SAF), and Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC) opposed it and anti-gun groups such as Bloomberg’s Everytown, Oregon Alliance for Gun Safety, and Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence supported it. That’s the short — and somewhat cynical — answer. However, the details do tell the tale of the new assault on our gun rights.

Oregon Measure 114, Changes to Firearm Ownership and Purchase Requirements Initiative (2022) was described by the NRA as “The nation’s most extreme gun control Initiative.”

Oregon Measure 114

View attachment 32640

It's been reported by folks in Oregon that the large sporting goods stores have said they will stop selling firearms on Dec. 7, 2022, because of all the uncertainties with the bill's implementation.
if this is the same state my buddy read at the bait/gun store just last Thursday, he went on to read that this is for 1st time gun buyers, and current ones are "grandfathered-in"..???

anyone know if it IS this state, or another one..????

Sadly they too often bring their politics with them. You would think if things are bad enough to leave where they are, they'd understand how to not make the new place the same as they left. Unfortunately some never learn................

Oregon Measure 114

View attachment 32640

I am an Oregonian. I am a veteran of both the Oregon National Guard and the US Army. I have bled to defend all of our constitutional rights. If this is not a clear violation of my 2nd amendment right please introduce a new bill next election cycle; prior to you exercising your right to express yourself you must take a sensitive training class and submit $100 to do so. The money used from this will establish a mental health fund. We all know words have killed more than bullets. Thanks Oregon for ”fee based” constitutional protection. FYI, $hortfuse is my cashapp, send me your fee to offer your expression on this post. Consider firearms manufacturers refuse to manufacture magazines that are only 15 rounds or more. Now what?

I am an Oregonian. I am a veteran of both the Oregon National Guard and the US Army. I have bled to defend all of our constitutional rights. If this is not a clear violation of my 2nd amendment right please introduce a new bill next election cycle; prior to you exercising your right to express yourself you must take a sensitive training class and submit $100 to do so. The money used from this will establish a mental health fund. We all know words have killed more than bullets. Thanks Oregon for ”fee based” constitutional protection. FYI, $hortfuse is my cashapp, send me your fee to offer your expression on this post. Consider firearms manufacturers refuse to manufacture magazines that are only 15 rounds or more. Now what?
OSU grad here.

Went back to OR 2 summers ago to go to the Evergreen Museum, a trip down the valley to campus then up the McKenzie to my old stomping grounds and go to a wake for an old co-worker.

Super sad to see all the I-5 rest areas turned into transient campgrounds, the fire results from Vida up to Cougar Reservoir, and of course the wake.

The state I remembered back in the day has gone down-hill due to a certain party's dominance in the big cities and tossing the rest of the state into chaos.

From an email....

Measure 114 restricts the use and purchase of magazines over 10 rounds and will halt ALL dealer gun sales in Oregon until some unknown point in time when a training, licensing and gun registry can be put into place.

According to the Oregon State Police, all gun sales will cease on Dec 8th, 2022.

i was told this morning, that when the Bruen(sp?) decision was passed, the lawyers used specific wording as to get to the point, so that the judges could read the specifics of the 2nd Amendment, and make it impossible for others against the 2A, to mess with the laws/amendment anymore.

this is what has to be done, using the correct wording in the petitions/arguments

Last edited:

Oregon Measure 114

View attachment 32640

Isn't it interesting that the bill was slated to go into effect on the 81st anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor? One of the greatest assaults on American liberty takes place on the anniversary of one of the greatest attacks on the American People.

There was a news video where they said Sportsmens Warehouse would stop selling any firearms until it was all sorted out.

Last edited:
The voting on, and passing of, Bill 114 shows that the majority of voters do not fully understand what the bills are about. When tyrannical governments want to pass a law that they know is unconstitutional, or just plain stupid, they will write the synopsis of the bill in such a way that most people get lost in the weeds trying to understand it. Or so much double speak that you can't understand it. Examples being the voting on the gas tax in California in 2018 where the measure's headline was "To Keep the Gas Tax" which would indicate that approval would keep the tax and denial would remove the tax, but the body of the measure was the exact opposite. The measure failed and the state of California was able to keep the 28 cents a gallon tax that they had illegally added 8 months earlier (Their constitution does not allow adding a new tax without voter approval).

The way the bill was presented was that it would only affect bad firearms because of the magazine capacity. But it isn't the capacity. It is the potential to hold more than 10 rounds.

Henry lever action 22s will run afoul of this law because they can hold more than 10 .22 shorts.
Mossberg shotguns are now illegal. They may only be able to hold 5 or 6 3" shells, but they can hold more than 10 of the mini-shells.
Bolt action rifles with removable magazines fall into the same category. If the magazine is removable, then you can POSSIBLY get a larger capacity.

How many FUDDS voted to approve the bill because "It won't impact hunters" and "Nobody really needs an AR"?

It is all about education and NOT trusting the government to be honest and NEVER EVER vote to pass a bill that takes away from somebody else because you don't think it will impact you too.

Remember what Ronald Reagan said. There are no more frightening words ever spoken than "I'm from the government, and I'm here to help you."

As with many other "blue" states when you look at the color-coded voting maps the major population centers are typically blue whereas the rest of the state is dominated by "red". The exceptions are NM, Hawaii & the Eastern "postage stamp" states.

Unfortunately OR is dominated by the major cities in the Willamette Valley compared to the rest of the state.

Back