testtest

Outdoor Range This Morning

So off I went to the outdoor range at Knob Creek this morning, the weather was crisp and cloudy no glare.
I took my Glock Gen5 40SW, my Springfield XD Mod2 40SW and my Springfield 1911RO 45
This was the first time shooting the Glock and had only 2 very minor issues not worth mentioning.
The gun shot good but I realized I need to spend more time with it to understand it’s recoil and feed characteristics. Definitely a different feel over the feel of my Mod2 and 1911 but all in all a sweet shooter.
3 hours and about 200 rounds later a great morning.
As a reminder this is the place that holds an annual machine gun shoot which was last weekend, I heard they had over 36k people visit during the two day event. This year was there last.
Two pictures of the leftovers.
824CD516-51C5-4FCF-AF41-D16CE7D4C29E.jpeg
60754B28-8DBE-4A9A-8DD8-FD0715039868.jpeg

So off I went to the outdoor range at Knob Creek this morning, the weather was crisp and cloudy no glare.
I took my Glock Gen5 40SW, my Springfield XD Mod2 40SW and my Springfield 1911RO 45
This was the first time shooting the Glock and had only 2 very minor issues not worth mentioning.
The gun shot good but I realized I need to spend more time with it to understand it’s recoil and feed characteristics. Definitely a different feel over the feel of my Mod2 and 1911 but all in all a sweet shooter.
3 hours and about 200 rounds later a great morning.
As a reminder this is the place that holds an annual machine gun shoot which was last weekend, I heard they had over 36k people visit during the two day event. This year was there last.
Two pictures of the leftovers.
View attachment 21499View attachment 21500
On the Glock, you can’t limp wrist the gun or you definitely will have some issues, also, do not clean off the copper grease that’s there, it’s for break in purposes. All of my Glocks will feed anything I feed it, I have Gen3’s, Gen 4’s and Gen 5.

On the Glock, you can’t limp wrist the gun or you definitely will have some issues, also, do not clean off the copper grease that’s there, it’s for break in purposes. All of my Glocks will feed anything I feed it, I have Gen3’s, Gen 4’s and Gen 5.
Honestly the Gen5 is the first gun I’ve shot without cleaning and oiling first, I did take it down and checked out the gun and found it well oiled out of the case and did see the grease so I figured I’d shoot it first and clean it later.

@KillerFord1977 this was just one large pile of cars, there were three other piles in various areas of the range compound, it was like a war zone. What they do when they stage the cars in the range area is fill various areas of each vehicle with Tanaritte, when being shot at they eventually explode. They have a website with pictures.
Sounds like fun !!! 💪💪👍👍👍🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Back