testtest

PC Carbine & Backpack Guns

10mmLife

Staff member
Founding Member
I've owned the PC carbine takedown since it first came out and it's one of my favorite guns to shoot. I've heard a lot of people refer to it as a back pack gun. Does anybody actually carry a back pack long gun like a PC carbine or Keltec folder and if so what are the benefits? I can't personally see it being effective as a defensive weapon considering you need to access your pack and would have to assemble or unfold to use. View attachment 385
Screenshot_20200114-090825_Photos.jpg

Last edited:
I've owned the PC carbine takedown since it first came out and it's one of my favorite guns to shoot. I've heard a lot of people refer to it as a back pack gun. Does anybody actually carry a back pack long gun like a PC carbine or Keltec folder and if so what are the benefits? I can't personally see it being effective as a defensive weapon considering you need to access your pack and would have to assemble or unfold to use.
I own both Kel-Tec Sub2000s in 9mm and .40. One came with a scope and bi-pod attached making it not as fold-able as it would be without. I also have the Ruger SR556 Takedown. Pull down on a tab, twist the 556 barrel 1/4 turn and remove (I bought their 300 Blk barrel that you can replace/remove similarly, not sure if they added any other caliber barrel since). It came with a nice backback, however to get it small enough, you'd have to break apart the upper/lower receivers to get in a small carry package, and that makes it just like any other AR. I might consider taking one of the Kel-tecs folded in a backpack if I hiked, as it doesn't look like it would take up that much room and is pretty light depending on how many Glock mags one would carry. I'm intrigued by the Ruger PC Takedown, may have to add that one to my "growing" collection :sneaky:

I own both Kel-Tec Sub2000s in 9mm and .40. One came with a scope and bi-pod attached making it not as fold-able as it would be without. I also have the Ruger SR556 Takedown. Pull down on a tab, twist the 556 barrel 1/4 turn and remove (I bought their 300 Blk barrel that you can replace/remove similarly, not sure if they added any other caliber barrel since). It came with a nice backback, however to get it small enough, you'd have to break apart the upper/lower receivers to get in a small carry package, and that makes it just like any other AR. I might consider taking one of the Kel-tecs folded in a backpack if I hiked, as it doesn't look like it would take up that much room and is pretty light depending on how many Glock mags one would carry. I'm intrigued by the Ruger PC Takedown, may have to add that one to my "growing" collection :sneaky:
The PC shares a lot of the design with the 10/22. Really solid feeling with a pretty nice trigger. I keep a Vortex Sparc 2 mounted. I've been able to put some tight groups at 50yds with it.

Not owning a 10/22 is almost sacrilege lol.... Definitely worth trying. I would like to get a sub2000 In the future myself. Tac-sol makes an amazing 10/22 but its pushing the $800-$1000 range
Yup, but slow and steady wins the race (what the hell is he talking about ? :unsure:). I'm trying (repeat trying), to slow down on my gun "collecting" without much success. My next interest is a S&W 500 which is over $1K. But who knows what the future holds? :sneaky:

Good to know 10mmLife. Yeah the 10/22, another rifle I've heard good reviews about that I don't own :(
My grandson got a Ruger 10/22 (w/ black synthetic stock) this past Christmas. Took a small screwdriver with us to the range, anticipating adjusting the small rear flip-up sight, and it wasn't needed, as it shot great w/o any adjustment. Using my range bag for support, he was hitting the metal 8" targets 65 yds away 9/10 times.

I've thought about making my SAINT rifle a "backpack gun" by simply breaking it down into its upper and lower parts. It gets really short that way. Its a 223 and not a PC gun, I admit. I just need to find a bag that will fit that set up.
Have you looked into getting an Law AR folding attachment for the buffer tube? It's a pretty cool device that you can pickup for around $200

Got it!
I finished an Aero .300 BLK pistol build about a month ago and was thinking of getting one. Maybe I won't now.
Google search too see if there is other options than that brand, maybe there might be better ones. BTW enjoy your Aeros, I have 2. For a 300 they are pretty accurate. The ones I have are 8.5" barrels and shoot them out to 200 yards using mbus and strike fire dot.

Google search too see if there is other options than that brand, maybe there might be better ones. BTW enjoy your Aeros, I have 2. For a 300 they are pretty accurate. The ones I have are 8.5" barrels and shoot them out to 200 yards using mbus and strike fire dot.
I have the 10in upper with nickel toolcraft BCG and nickel Radian Raptor SD charging handle and a nickel trigger group. I haven't had the chance to shoot it past 25yds yet. I'll be in a new club soon so I can see what it can do. I also have my paper work in for a Rugged Razor 762 but who knows when that will be approved. Can't wait!

I have the 10in upper with nickel toolcraft BCG and nickel Radian Raptor SD charging handle and a nickel trigger group. I haven't had the chance to shoot it past 25yds yet. I'll be in a new club soon so I can see what it can do. I also have my paper work in for a Rugged Razor 762 but who knows when that will be approved. Can't wait!
What state do you live.

Back