testtest

Pepper Spray

Well, when I was working at my Sheriff Dept, I was out in the sally port area, basically secured garage, one of my deputy friends thought they would be funny and shot pepper spray at where I was hoseing the area out, soon as the water and spray hit together, the area filled with pepper spray, needless to say, he felt bad, I couldn't see or breath and that was the first time they ever opened both the entrance and exit at the same time in that area.....

Last edited:
I was 13 years old and took my dads mace. I was acting like I was a cop and had to dose a prisoner in the back seat. Omg my face, eyes, nose and mouth never hurt so bad. I still to this day remember that pain. Then I got hit by pepper spray in my late teens. A runaway knew that would be the only way he’d get the drop on me. So he sprayed me in the face and proceeded to beat me over the head and back with a metal pole. That stuff hurts equally as bad in a open cut as it does just breathing it in.

I carry the Kimber Pepper Blaster. I have also purchased a few for widows in my church that either don’t want to carry a firearm or can’t. Sure has increased their confidence. Like the fact that it exits the dispenser (shaped like a gun) at over 100 miles per hour and can travel over 13 feet. Good product.

I have been meaning to buy some. Carrying pepper spray allows a phase or stepped up approach to self defense. There is just a limit, though, on how much defensive equipment I want to carry around all the time. And, the pepper spray would likely (at least for me) be carried around for years and never be used, then wouldn't work when I needed it. :(

I carry the Kimber Pepper Blaster. I have also purchased a few for widows in my church that either don’t want to carry a firearm or can’t. Sure has increased their confidence. Like the fact that it exits the dispenser (shaped like a gun) at over 100 miles per hour and can travel over 13 feet. Good product.
I’ve seen those. They are pretty neat and very affective and functional.

Be aware of wind direction if you ever need to use a defensive spray. A buddy of mine about 20 years ago who was 19 at the time when he was cornered by 2 drunk guys who threatened him so he pulled out some mace and attempted to spray them but the wind was strong that night and blew it back in his own face. The two drunk guys pummeled him into the ground while his eyes were burning and he couldn't breathe.

Pepper spray is a great non lethal self defense weapon to have either to carry with you everyday or store in your home as well. There are many great options out there in varying sizes. But I would strongly recommend against a pepper spray gun! These have been easily mistaken for real guns and in a dangerous situation you do not want to pull out your pepper spray gun as the attacker will react to seeing a gun shape and could shoot you first, or worse still even if the attacker does not have a gun - Someone with concealed carry across the street may see you pull it out and think you are about to shoot them and your the bad guy and shoot you!
Here's a link that discusses a a selection of small to large Police Magnum pepper spray canisters. All of them contain the maximum heat strength allowed by law: What pepper spray is the best ?

Stay Safe

Pepper spray is a great non lethal self defense weapon to have either to carry with you everyday or store in your home as well. There are many great options out there in varying sizes. But I would strongly recommend against a pepper spray gun! These have been easily mistaken for real guns and in a dangerous situation you do not want to pull out your pepper spray gun as the attacker will react to seeing a gun shape and could shoot you first, or worse still even if the attacker does not have a gun - Someone with concealed carry across the street may see you pull it out and think you are about to shoot them and your the bad guy and shoot you!
Here's a link that discusses a a selection of small to large Police Magnum pepper spray canisters. All of them contain the maximum heat strength allowed by law: What pepper spray is the best ?

Stay Safe
And, as for the pepper defense having the appearance of a firearm, LE may (and has) (mis)taken you for the perp.

Stay Safe
So I have been looking at some pepper spray and none of them looks like a gun or am I mistaken here. If not pepper spray then which self defense weapons would you recommend?

Back