IMG_2419.jpeg
    927.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2420.jpeg
    IMG_2420.jpeg
    728.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2421.jpeg
    IMG_2421.jpeg
    761.1 KB · Views: 58
Greeting from central Virginia. Congrats on your Victor purchase. KillerFord and I also use ours for hunting. He shoots hogs in Texas and I shoot deer in western Virginia. Like others have already commented, I have also since this picture gotten rid of Springfield's muzzle break and installed one that directs the blast away from my ears. I've carried traditional hunting rifles chambered in 30.06 for most of my life, but the AR platform in .308 has won me over. I'm living proof that you can teach an old dog new tricks! :)

saint 2.jpg

Greeting from central Virginia. Congrats on your Victor purchase. KillerFord and I also use ours for hunting. He shoots hogs in Texas and I shoot deer in western Virginia. Like others have already commented, I have also since this picture gotten rid of Springfield's muzzle break and installed one that directs the blast away from my ears. I've carried traditional hunting rifles chambered in 30.06 for most of my life, but the AR platform in .308 has won me over. I'm living proof that you can teach an old dog new tricks! :)

View attachment 39769
I grew up hunting with a 30.06 myself in the Appalachian mountains in NY, I’m currently living in NC. If you ever want a hunting buddy hit me up. Definitely looking to replace the muzzle. And for sure can’t wait to drop something with it.

We all have our own itch to scratch. I’m not knocking ya lol
No, sorry if I gave that impression. I think the AR platform is a great system, very versatile and reliable. Every one says I should get one and I agree, one day...

I just find the a lever rifle and carbine, An M1 carbine, even a 12 guage shotgun fill my needs and expectations just as well, and with a bit more ummm, panache.

I grew up shooting recurve bows, still do not think of people who shoot compounds are true archers. I grew into period reenacting and hunting and knife making as hobbies. Guess I lean towards older styles.

No, sorry if I gave that impression. I think the AR platform is a great system, very versatile and reliable. Every one says I should get one and I agree, one day...

I just find the a lever rifle and carbine, An M1 carbine, even a 12 guage shotgun fill my needs and expectations just as well, and with a bit more ummm, panache.

I grew up shooting recurve bows, still do not think of people who shoot compounds are true archers. I grew into period reenacting and hunting and knife making as hobbies. Guess I lean towards older styles.
Heck yea

There is little in the world of guns beats walnut stocks and blued steel! Exhibit A:

Browning Hi-Power.jpg

Back