testtest

Picking Up Chicks! 😜

Pin by Miranda Jenkins on Humor | Funny pictures, Laughter ...
Deviled Egg Gifts on Zazzle

Matter of fact it does ...... for many years in the neighborhood where I lived, there was several families of Peacocks that ran wild in the area. Two of the families each had a pure white (appeared to be albino) cock and every year they would usually hatch at least one white chick. They were beautiful birds, especially when spreading the tails. The big spots, usually blue were bright silver on them. Unfortunately the chicks being white, were prime targets for the hawks in our area and only a few ever made it to adults.

Then some neighbors moved into the area and were adamantly opposed to the peacocks and began an all out offensive on them. Most birds died over the next couple years of "lead poisoning" (if you get my drift) and eventually they were all gone.

I know they were a pain in the butt..... they left the biggest pile of poop on the driveways, scratched the gravel off the roof shingles, and during breeding season when seeing the reflection of themselves in your car or truck paint, would beat it all to hell fighting with themselves. Then at dusk when they'd start to go to roost in the tall, long leaf pines around the area, you'd just hope it wouldn't be in one of your pines, 'cause they're raise hell with their calls until well after dark.

But again they are very pretty birds ..... I think we have some pictures of them (and the white ones) around here somewhere. I'll post one if I can find one just FYI.

Matter of fact it does ...... for many years in the neighborhood where I lived, there was several families of Peacocks that ran wild in the area. Two of the families each had a pure white (appeared to be albino) cock and every year they would usually hatch at least one white chick. They were beautiful birds, especially when spreading the tails. The big spots, usually blue were bright silver on them. Unfortunately the chicks being white, were prime targets for the hawks in our area and only a few ever made it to adults.

Then some neighbors moved into the area and were adamantly opposed to the peacocks and began an all out offensive on them. Most birds died over the next couple years of "lead poisoning" (if you get my drift) and eventually they were all gone.

I know they were a pain in the butt..... they left the biggest pile of poop on the driveways, scratched the gravel off the roof shingles, and during breeding season when seeing the reflection of themselves in your car or truck paint, would beat it all to hell fighting with themselves. Then at dusk when they'd start to go to roost in the tall, long leaf pines around the area, you'd just hope it wouldn't be in one of your pines, 'cause they're raise hell with their calls until well after dark.

But again they are very pretty birds ..... I think we have some pictures of them (and the white ones) around here somewhere. I'll post one if I can find one just FYI.
Yah, they are pretty and cool to watch JJ ....from a distance. Can be different colored feathers like you said too!
Was a flea market used to go to years ago that had many of them running around out in the parking area.

After months of seeing chickens in all manor of outfits posted by one of our resident nut jobs who I'm not going to name.......🤖.

I've been inspired to build a chicken coop and get some chickens. So far I'm halfway through building the coop which I'm working on tomorrow and the hardware cloth will be in by next week. The baby chicks have arrived and I have 6 weeks before they can be put into the coop. Here are a few pics for those who maybe interested in getting your own flock to dress up😳........uh I mean get fresh eggs from.......yeah that's it fresh eggs...🤫.

In all seriousness my wife really wanted chickens so this was her mother's day gift but I have officially named one of the chickens @Annihilator he's the one in the lower pic with the chipmunk markings.View attachment 6771View attachment 6772
Ha ha ha 😻

Back