testtest

Pistol Cleaning (Solvent, Lubricate, brushes, scrubs)

USMC1911

Elite
I always clean and Lubricate my firearm after I come from the Range. I was taught that in the Military and in Law Enforcement. I pretty much use the same Solvent I used in the Military and the Police Dept. Cleaning has always been the worst part of going to the Range. I hear other people say they enjoy it. Maybe they use a different Solvent. What’s your favorite Solvent and Lubricant?

Attachments

• 094EA254-A88A-410E-9B07-2C4254E089CE.jpeg
    094EA254-A88A-410E-9B07-2C4254E089CE.jpeg
    891.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 105CC6F2-45EF-42C2-9166-0C70079C72FF.jpeg
    105CC6F2-45EF-42C2-9166-0C70079C72FF.jpeg
    647 KB · Views: 86
  • B8D3F4A2-C8EB-4C3B-BFAF-9F1C5C2DEE03.jpeg
    B8D3F4A2-C8EB-4C3B-BFAF-9F1C5C2DEE03.jpeg
    959.8 KB · Views: 76
Lucas Extreme Duty oil, CLP, and bore solvent all work well for me in the climate where I live. Specs cover the high and low temps here. I've used Hoppes, Slip2000, and Break Free products in the past which all worked well but my firearms seem to like the Lucas better for now. Looks like we all have our favorites.

I use SEAL 1 products exclusively. But I have been hearing great things about the Lucas brand products. After I run my supply out of SEAL 1 I just may try the Lucas brand....
There was a time that SIG shipped new guns with Lucas in the box but I don't know what they're doing now. I have used Lucas grease on my slides and it is thicker than TW25. The Lucas grease is a pretty blue color but be careful if you use too much it will stain clothing. Good product nonetheless.

I always clean and Lubricate my firearm after I come from the Range. I was taught that in the Military and in Law Enforcement. I pretty much use the same Solvent I used in the Military and the Police Dept. Cleaning has always been the worst part of going to the Range. I hear other people say they enjoy it. Maybe they use a different Solvent. What’s your favorite Solvent and Lubricant?
for general cleaning, Hoppes Bore Cleaner, for everything...

then i use a spray Tetra (synthetic gun safe) to clean the internals of the frames, then for my carry gun(s) and my Sig 1911, EWG from Slip 2000, on the rails, then all my other guns get lubed with FP 10.

i tired of the multi claims from all the company's and the so-called test results.

There was a time that SIG shipped new guns with Lucas in the box but I don't know what they're doing now. I have used Lucas grease on my slides and it is thicker than TW25. The Lucas grease is a pretty blue color but be careful if you use too much it will stain clothing. Good product nonetheless.
Sig no longer ships with the grease. my new Sig STX 1911 did not come with any, i emailed them, and was given the bad news.....and mind you, not even a $ off coupon to buy it someplace else, just a "sorry".......

well then dang it, REMOVE the pamphlet that says, "use the enclosed grease"........!!!!!

I use mobil 1 for lube and if needed hoppes 9. but i hate using that stuff, it works but stinks to high heaven. lol also it irritates my skin a little. use rem oil to wipe them down with.
i had bought a gallon, yes a gallon of Kroil for cleaning, you wanna talk stink..????

i had bonus points from my cc and a promo code from amazon, plus a gift certificate, so i got it nearly dirt cheap.

I do like Lucas lubricant. CLP is good for most stuff; same for their bore cleaner.

But for a while now I’ve been using Ballistol. The individually-wrapped wipes are super convenient for all cleaning (I drape one over the bore brush to clean barrel) , and I re-lube using Balli in a needle oiler.

Clenzoil seems to have good stuff too. Worse odor than Balli or Lucas though, IMHO.

I stick to the ones that have been around - none of that frog lube, Shooter’s Lube, Breathrough Clean, and the like for me, anymore 😉

Back