testtest

Powder question

I have been working on some 6 ARC loads, and sort of ran into issues using Leverevolution powder. When I dropped 33.0g behind a 75g Vmax bullet, it ended up being a compressed load, and my seating die would make an indented ring on my bullets. I have loaded 204 ruger and 5.56 nato with Accurate 2460 and it has worked well there, so I decided to look at using it in the 6 ARC. So far I am pleased with the results.

However, with all the available loading videos out on the 6 ARC, i have not seen one that has used the A2460. I have tried contacting the video makers to ask this question, but so far, I have not gotten any answers back. So I am posting it here. Is A2460 not a good powder, or in other words, why is no one showing loads with it? It's listed in the Hornady loading manual for the 6 ARC, but other than that, I don't see any usage info.

Thanks

Never mind, gas gun is the only listing for leverolution. As for aa2460 all guns have their own characteristics of what powder, primer and bullets each like or a combination of. On some other forums there have been some state they use this powder, but none has stated in 6arc being used. What powder charge are you using for aa2460?

Loading 27.5g with Starline 6.5 Grendel sized to 6 ARC, Win WSM primers and 75g Hornady Vmax. Off the tailgate of my truck @ 100 yards, it shoots a 5 shot .68 in group. 2 weeks ago it was able to shoot through a mesquite tree and bag a coyote after knocking a branch out of the tree. Even though I don't see a lot of people talking about it, I'm sticking with it for now.

From looking at the manual last night if I remember correctly max with lever was 33.0 or 33.6? You're well within safe range and if your accuracy is good then stick with it. I'm not sure what info you're looking for?

My first post on the 6 ARC was about having my seating die make a ring around the nose of the bullet and the basis for that thread and post was that loading the 33.0g of Lever in my cases caused the bullet to compress the powder. I'm not sure How Hornady was able to get 33.6 into the case without overflowing it. I had no real problems with pressure or accuracy using the 33.0g of Lever, just the ring issues on the nose of the bullets. I've since polished the seating die and that solved almost all of my issues.

My first post on the 6 ARC was about having my seating die make a ring around the nose of the bullet and the basis for that thread and post was that loading the 33.0g of Lever in my cases caused the bullet to compress the powder. I'm not sure How Hornady was able to get 33.6 into the case without overflowing it. I had no real problems with pressure or accuracy using the 33.0g of Lever, just the ring issues on the nose of the bullets. I've since polished the seating die and that solved almost all of my issues.
Got it. I get that also with other bullets. As long as it's only a mark and not indented/gouged, then it's fine. Quick Load shows 117% with 33.6 of lever at 2.095" and case length of 1.475". Seems like the new Hornady cartridges are .015" shorter instead of the .010" off of the older case trim lengths. I bought some loaded Norma ammo in 6.5prc that's 51.40mm (2.024"ish). I guess the metric peeps want to do their own "easy" numbers.

I don't believe anyone on here has a 6arc.
I'm inclined to agree. Mine is a 6mm ARC. I built mine using a Ballistics Advantage 16" barrel so I don't have to worry about the ATF for this build. Real stock, not a brace. Built it for one reason...to have another cartridge to load. I have no other reason to have it.

Playing with 103gr RDFs, 105gr MatchBurners, and 87gr V-Max over CFE-223, Ramshot TAC, or Hodgdon's H-335. Don't have a favorite as yet.

Back