testtest

Profiteering & Price Gouging

Status
Not open for further replies.

10mmLife

Staff member
Founding Member
What site or stores have you seen the worst profiteering & price gouging since the Corona panic?

I was on Optics Planet last night looking at an AR upper for a build and there was a box on the page for hot items and they had a 2 pack of basic N95 dust masks for $39.99 which usually cost under $10.00. this kinda stuff makes me sick when companies will take advantage of the panicked population to make a quick buck.

And just a heads-up a N95 mask is useless to stop viruses and are only intended for basic dust protection while sweeping or sanding.

Haven't seen anything like that locally (MD), quite the opposite. McDonald's has had 69 cent cheeseburgers all month, and the fuel station I use for my diesel has it for $2.09/gal as of yesterday afternoon. Stores have normal pricing on foodstuffs, but apparently people around here are going to be eating milk sandwiches and $hi#ing themselves, because while there was abundant meat, chicken, chips, snacks, drinks, and frozen food...the bread, milk, and toilet paper areas were bare. I did my normal weekly shopping, with a few extra cans of veggies "just in case", and was in and out in normal time. Talking with the clerks, they were all getting overtime pay due to the madness.

Check out cheaper then dirt's site for the most insanely high ammo prices you'll probably ever see. They are selling a 1000 round pack of Winchester 5.56 range ammo for $980.00. 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

You would need to be a complete moron or have plenty of disposable income to buy from these creeps.

Does that mean I should not post the link to the 40 magpul mags I have for sale?
Go for it, man.

I’m a capitalist, all for charging what the market will bear.

We’ve been living in “the happy times” as far as guns, ammo, and accessories prices and availability are concerned for the past 3 years, give or take; anyone who hadn’t stocked up has only themselves to blame...and I see no reason not to make a buck (our several) off of their lack of foresight.

Go for it, man.

I’m a capitalist, all for charging what the market will bear.

We’ve been living in “the happy times” as far as guns, ammo, and accessories prices and availability are concerned for the past 3 years, give or take; anyone who hadn’t stocked up has only themselves to blame...and I see no reason not to make a buck (our several) off of their lack of foresight.
I see where you're coming from and free enterprise is one thing but raping you're customer base I don't agree with. With this being said I would never support any price controls for a business and I do understand that businesses have a right to set their own price for product's. I just think it's tacky for a well known company to try and take advantage of the panicked population.

Also I always enough ammo to feel comfortable with.

I see where you're coming from and free enterprise is one thing but raping you're customer base I don't agree with. With this being said I would never support any price controls for a business and I do understand that businesses have a right to set their own price for product's. I just think it's tacky for a well known company to try and take advantage of the panicked population.

Also I always enough ammo to feel comfortable with.

I wouldn’t buy anything from these places...because I don’t need to.

And I still hold a grudge against CTD for what they pulled the last time...they'll never get a dime out of me.

Just a heads-up Bass Pro shop still has decent prices on ammo online which can be shipped to store in 7 days if it's out of stock.

Thanks for that.

I’m pretty set...about the only caliber I don’t have minimum of 1k on hand is .357Sig...I’m down to a half case there, and about 200 rounds of my carry load (Underwood Gold Dots). But, my reloading connection has about 2k pieces of mixed brass, and I have some Berry’s plated in shipping right now, and powder on hand...so I just gotta head over to his place and pull the handle on his 650.
It will cost me a few growlers of local beers...but it’s worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back