testtest

Purse Carry

My wife likes Hiding Hilda. I don't know much about it tho.

My 22 year old daughter has her CCW and purse carries a Ruger LC380, using one of the Crossbreed Soft Side Modular holsters, which can velcro to a panel they sell that fits down into your purse, or I suppose to any velcro you might attach to the inside of the purse.

She is with children a lot, and liked this particular holster because of the strap you can velcro over the gun to prevent it from falling out of the holster if her purse were to tip over. She also liked this particular gun as she can handle 380 better than 9mm in a gun that size, and she likes the manual safety. She does like shooting my XD-M 5.25, but that one is too big for her purse! ;)

Last year my granddaughter got her CWP. She's a wheel lover and is always eying my SP-101.
Her idea was to carry it in her purse. Her instructor agreed with me that it wasn't a good idea.
Purse is too easily snatched and then the bad guy/gal has your weapon. Too easily set down and
grabbed by bad guy/gal or child. I strongly advise women to keep their fire arm on their person.
Women have a multitude of very good ways to conceal. I vote don't use a purse. Want to keep
our gals safe.

Last year my granddaughter got her CWP. She's a wheel lover and is always eying my SP-101.
Her idea was to carry it in her purse. Her instructor agreed with me that it wasn't a good idea.
Purse is too easily snatched and then the bad guy/gal has your weapon. Too easily set down and
grabbed by bad guy/gal or child. I strongly advise women to keep their fire arm on their person.
Women have a multitude of very good ways to conceal. I vote don't use a purse. Want to keep
our gals safe.

Good point, but my youngest daughter is 5'1", and at her size, carrying a gun any larger than my LCP on her body would be difficult. Plus, she just cannot shoot the LCP. She absolutely hates that gun after shooting it on a couple of occasions, and cannot shoot it without failure to feed and other issues caused by a weak grip. I see the tighter fitting clothes, lack of pockets, and such that she would also have issues with anything beyond a belly band, and what young girl wants a bulge on her belly? ;)

Most likely not what you wanted to hear..... but I'd never carry my life saver in some
external container that somebody could grab from me. Love my vertical shoulder rig.
So does the granddaughter.
No, I appreciate the input. I just know on certain more formal occasions I would want a purse and to not have to strap it to my thigh.

Good point, but my youngest daughter is 5'1", and at her size, carrying a gun any larger than my LCP on her body would be difficult. Plus, she just cannot shoot the LCP. She absolutely hates that gun after shooting it on a couple of occasions, and cannot shoot it without failure to feed and other issues caused by a weak grip. I see the tighter fitting clothes, lack of pockets, and such that she would also have issues with anything beyond a belly band, and what young girl wants a bulge on her belly? ;)
I'd hate to see her in a situation where she's wishing she had the belly bulge. That said there are some great
bands that tuck it neatly under the armpit. Kind of like my vertical shoulder rig only without all the rig.

No, I appreciate the input. I just know on certain more formal occasions I would want a purse and to not have to strap it to my thigh.
Flash bang?

I dont know how I would feel about it but its an option none the less.

If you're a USCCA member (you may be able to subscribe to the Magazine without being a member), Beth Alcazar write articles specifically for women and I'm pretty sure she's written about carry gear for them. I apologize in advance, if the link asks you to log in to their site but it bascally describes what Beth is going to cover exclusivly for women in the part of the Concealed carry magazine for those of you that may be interested.

My daughter carries in her purse, but (I think) any time she is walking, etc., she has her hand in there on the gun. I feel for women. Even before I retired, I pretty much wore the same outfit every day, but women wear all kinds of different clothes. Purse carry probably almost has to be in the rotation.

Back