testtest

Q Honey Badger - NFA Ruling

Rakiticus

Operator
Completely new, if this is the wrong forum for this question please advice. I have a Springfield Armory Saint Edge AR-15 pistol. Today I saw the ruling stating that Q Honey Badger owners must now register their pistols with the NFA. Owning one of the Saint Edge pistols and seeing the apparent similarities between these two pistols, do I have anything to worry about?
Thank you.

It appears the that the honey badger ruling was based on that firearm specifically and does not call out any other type of firearms or braces at the moment. Who knows what the flip flop ATF has as a master plan for pistol braces in the near future.

I would recommend you make sure you’re signed up for Springfield’s marketing emails and/or that your firearms are registered with their respective companies. That way if the ATF decides to expand their gaze beyond Q you will have the info ASAP. Personally I don’t see them stopping with Q. I hope it’s some weird design fluke that they’re focusing on but without further info from the ATF (and they’re infamous for “classifying” stuff like this) I have to assume the worst.

Completely new, if this is the wrong forum for this question please advice. I have a Springfield Armory Saint Edge AR-15 pistol. Today I saw the ruling stating that Q Honey Badger owners must now register their pistols with the NFA. Owning one of the Saint Edge pistols and seeing the apparent similarities between these two pistols, do I have anything to worry about?
Thank you.
I am going to move this to the Armed with Knowledge section since it’s 2A related.

Great video @xdman thanks for sharing.
while watching the news during the protest/riots a lot was said about an organization/company/movement
called “Q” is this the same organization/company that makes the
H. Badger? Or is that “Q” just a movement? Knowing nothing about the H. Badger or it’s maker I’m confused.
Q is one, or several people using one identity, who posts conspiracy theories under the QAnon banner. QAnon (anonymous) is thought to be a “conservative” movement by the liberals. Conservatives see them as a group of nut jobs who happen to have some theories that tend to support some conservative ideas. Regardless, they put out some wild and usually contradictory conspiracy theories.
Q, makers of the Honey Badger PDW, is simply a small firearms manufacturer who has an unfortunately similar name.

Great video on the subject and I agree that it sounds like someone is trying to make waves before the election.
The whole situation sucks but at least Q is willing to pay the $200 tax stamp to make it a legal SBR even though it's not fair to Q to have the ATF cost the company money because of an unjust opinion of an ATF field agent of a once legal product.

Q is one, or several people using one identity, who posts conspiracy theories under the QAnon banner. QAnon (anonymous) is thought to be a “conservative” movement by the liberals. Conservatives see them as a group of nut jobs who happen to have some theories that tend to support some conservative ideas. Regardless, they put out some wild and usually contradictory conspiracy theories.
Q, makers of the Honey Badger PDW, is simply a small firearms manufacturer who has an unfortunately similar name.
Thank you sir.

The whole situation sucks but at least Q is willing to pay the $200 tax stamp to make it a legal SBR even though it's not fair to Q to have the ATF cost the company money because of an unjust opinion of an ATF field agent of a once legal product.
It was a very informative video @xdman shared and I believe completely this is a well timed attempt to add confusion and conspiracy to an already contentious election. If speculation is correct then the ATF needs to create a level playing field.

If I were Q or a Honey Badger owner, I'd wait for the ATF to make some sort of clarification on this issue, before going through or paying for the SBR process. Knowing these government agencies, that could be ammunition that Q and some owners think it is a SBR, and that's why they're going/paying for the SBR process (thus justifying the ATF's ruling). If the ATF reverses their decision, then you might have several owners with a classified SBR when they didn't have to go through the process to begin with. Just my thoughts.

Back