testtest

R Lee Ermey’s Firearms at Auction

xdman

Self appointed Chief Armorer
Staff member

the Auction houses website is early 2000’stastic, you would think with the name recognition the website would look more legit. Past that good stuff to look at.

the Auction houses website is early 2000’stastic, you would think with the name recognition the website would look more legit. Past that good stuff to look at.
Thanks for posting xd,
Is a good write up/collection. To be honest, was wondering what had happened to him. Didn't realize he'd passed away, but suspected it. Was a good guy from what had known. Liked viewing his eclectic collection too. He had great taste in weapons from what shown.

I enjoyed his big personality style. His show. Mail call, and lock n load were interesting shows.

Looking at the title of the auction, I wonder what his Auction 1 was like. When I have a few minutes will look closer at the swords but they look exceedingly interesting. Some might be WWII and some prewar.

Last edited:
I remember in one of his shows he had an ex british officer on and they compared their respective countries WWI and WWII arms. The Brit won handily the, I think, 20 targets in the Springfield vs Enfield one. Then Gunny said.. my turn. He proceeded to absolutely smoke the next round Enfiend vs Garand lol. He used his own National Match M1, which he shot very well.

I remember in one of his shows he had an ex british officer on and they compared their respective countries WWI and WWII arms. The Brit won handily the, I think, 20 targets in the Springfield vs Enfield one. Then Gunny said.. my turn. He proceeded to absolutely smoke the next round Enfiend vs Garand lol. He used his own National Match M1, which he shot very well.
A marine and rifle are not to be trifled with. U of Tx and a former President found out the hard way.

Thanks for posting xd,
Is a good write up/collection. To be honest, was wondering what had happened to him. Didn't realize he'd passed away, but suspected it. Was a good guy from what had known. Liked viewing his eclectic collection too. He had great taste in weapons from what shown.
Everytime I met the guy he was nothing but gracious with his time and treated everyone with respect. Even the time when I asked him to grab my beard and pretend he was going to hit me.

A story at the Shot Show he was at a urinal doing his busines, I am right next to him (being honest it was hard to go standing next to the big guy). But these guys walk into the restroom and yell “Gunny! It’s you I have to shake your hand, I love your work”. The gunny Finishes, I finish And we kind of turn to get in line to wash our hands. (Rember it’s busy so there are like 30 people packed into a bathroom big enough for 15 people). The guys walk up to the gunny stick out their hands to shake the gunn’s hand. The Gunny is so nice, he’s not standoffish even in that situation. Since I was behind the gunny in line, I loudly say well hell if we are swapping pissy hand shakes let me in on that. I put my hand out to shake the dudes hand and say, hey let him at least wash his hands guys. A bunch of people laughed, the dudes realized what they did, and left the Gunny alone. The Gunny turns back laughing and says were you real lying going to shake their hands? I tell Gunny sure was, by the way Nice to meet you again James the XDMAN, I would love to shake your hand. And everyone just busts out laughing. From then on every year I would see the gunny at the Shot Show he would always make sure to to get a really good shake in and a picture.
F14B4335-EF2D-4364-BA3B-FFF92350E2FB.jpeg

Last edited:
A marine and rifle are not to be trifled with. U of Tx and a former President found out the hard way.
I was amazed at the stories of deer hunters coming out to fire on Charles Whitman in the tower, and able to reach further up than the police. I’m not sure if that was true or not, but they did portray that in the movie.
It’s interesting too, that Gunny Ermey references Whitman in the movie “Full Metal Jacket”.

Everytime I met the guy he was nothing but gracious with his time and treated everyone with respect. Even the time when I asked him to grab my beard and pretend he was going to hit me.

A story at the Shot Show he was at a urinal doing his busines, I am right next to him (being honest it was hard to go standing next to the big guy). But these guys walk into the restroom and yell “Gunny! It’s you I have to shake your hand, I love your work”. The gunny Finishes, I finish And we kind of turn to get in line to wash our hands. (Rember it’s busy so there are like 30 people packed into a bathroom big enough for 15 people). The guys walk up to the gunny stick out their hands to shake the gunn’s hand. The Gunny is so nice, he’s not standoffish even in that situation. Since I was behind the gunny in line, I loudly say well hell if we are swapping pissy hand shakes let me in on that. I put my hand out to shake the dudes hand and say, hey let him at least wash his hands guys. A bunch of people laughed, the dudes realized what they did, and left the Gunny alone. The Gunny turns back laughing and says were you real lying going to shake their hands? I tell Gunny sure was, by the way Nice to meet you again James the XDMAN, I would love to shake your hand. And everyone just busts out laughing. From then on every year I would see the gunny at the Shot Show he would always make sure to to get a really good shake in and a picture.
View attachment 21753
Thats awesome !! 👍👍👍

Back