testtest

RailScales products

Ginge

Elite
In case you guys haven’t herd of this company, you should check them out. They mainly deal with an epic set of 1911 grips, and G10 rail panels for mlok and keymod attachments. I have a set on one of my rifles, but I decided to pick up a different pattern. They came today. I was originally looking for something to put on the forend of my Tac-14, and I think I found a winner. Since these small scatterguns can be hell to hold onto, I must say that Im quite impressed with how much more grip these added to this little beast.
3A2E13C5-9DBF-4B7C-95B3-57FF3CA524A6.jpeg

50297F17-55F2-49F0-9058-7BF74B26E9A2.jpeg

They are around an 1/8 inch thick and come with an allen key to install, and work equally well on anything with an Mlok slot, and can be had in 1, 2 or 3 slot lengths.
I no longer have to feel like Im choking satan himself when shooting this thing at, and around eye level.
Checkem out.

I *really* love RailScales' products. :love:

Their G10 scales really do help keep the heat in-check on today's lightweight (little mass to soak up the heat) and highly ventilated handguards.

The only thing is that those scales are pricey. Seeing guns' handguards covered in them, I always do a double-take and flip the abacus in my head to total up what the shooter's spent ("Wait - you've got $200 worth of scales on your handguard?!!! That's $Texas Baller!!!!!" o_O ). But they really are grippy, and they're also pretty flyweight.

I haven't tried their HTPs, but I'd like to, at some point.

I tried the Karve for a while, but ended up ditching it in favor of an Anchor. The latter just works better with my anatomy and kinesthetics, allowing me better recoil control by being able to pull the gun harder back into my shoulder. My daughter really likes the Karve, though. :)

Sometimes, Big Tex Outdoors (a very trustworthy vendor) will have second-hand/returns of these panels available at a nice discount.

I almost bought a karve today, but I decided to put that money towards some other key things I need. They do make some awesome products. I haven’t tried their cheaper polymer yet, as Im hoping they may makes some G10 in different color offerings.

^ You know, I've used VZ-Grips' products before and really liked them, and they also make G-10 AR15 handguard panels:

I haven't tried their G-10 AR15 handguard panels, but they do come in more color combinations than what RailScales offer.

----

I loved the Karve for how low-profile it is. This comes in handy if you favor - or if your use context requires - sliding your support hand up and down the handguard during dynamic use, the Karve, for me, allowed a much faster and more natural transition between the positions than with a bigger, more upright item such as the Anchor, an angled setup like the BCM KAG / Magpul AFG, or even a "stubbie" like the ones offered by Magpul / Gear Sector / TangoDown.

The fact that the Karve is also happy for those who likes to "split" their fingers in front of and behind the item is yet another good thing about it.

^ You know, I've used VZ-Grips' products before and really liked them, and they also make G-10 AR15 handguard panels:

I haven't tried their G-10 AR15 handguard panels, but they do come in more color combinations than what RailScales offer.

----

I loved the Karve for how low-profile it is. This comes in handy if you favor - or if your use context requires - sliding your support hand up and down the handguard during dynamic use, the Karve, for me, allowed a much faster and more natural transition between the positions than with a bigger, more upright item such as the Anchor, an angled setup like the BCM KAG / Magpul AFG, or even a "stubbie" like the ones offered by Magpul / Gear Sector / TangoDown.

The fact that the Karve is also happy for those who likes to "split" their fingers in front of and behind the item is yet another good thing about it.
How would it do for lets say a handstop on a forend for the push pull method of shotgun handling? I don’t want to put a strap on the shotty above, so was thinking of the karve. How aggressive is it when pushing against it?

For me, personally, the problem was the slope/curvature.

This didn't allow me to gain the purchase I felt I needed to really pull the gun back into my shoulder - and I would think that the reverse: the push part of the push-pull shotgun technique, would be just as problematic FOR ME.

I'll mock it up on my daughter's AR when I get home this afternoon, to see if that's truly the case: it's possible that this opinion may change. I'll also need to attack the problem by reversing the orientation of the Karve from the way I had it on my AR to begin with.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to mock this up on my 870 even for dry-fire approximation, as I still have a previous-generation forend setup on it (Surefire LM-series).

More this evening, Ginge! :)

Thanks buddy. I appreciate it. It will mainly be used as a fail safe in the event the scales still slip and the muzzle comes back.

OK, so, you're not going to like this one..... 😋

I'm really not sure.

The problem I think is that I don't have the ability to live-fire this. I feel that with the Karve "reversed" from my usual (I won't tell you what that orientation is, for fear of biasing you), I do get more ability to pull the gun (my daughter's AR, not my 870) back into my shoulder, but I don't know if it's enough to make a difference.

Similarly, I *think* I feel a difference from one orientation to the other with the Karve splitting either my index/middle or middle/ring fingers, but I again can't make an objective assessment without live firing to a target/shot-timer.

Its ok. I may just buy it. If it doesn’t fig the role I want for this setup then I’ll simply put it on something its more suited on. Lol. 👍 Thanks bro.

Back