testtest

Raising Chickens for Prepping and Survival

One for our Chicken people here, especially @10mmLife ……..actually a good link with todays climate, doesn’t hurt to be prepared

There is actually an ordinance in the big city suburb I live in where 5 chickens ( hens only) are allowed to be raised.
It states for “food purposes”, but for noise considerations, roosters are not allowed.

I was surprised actually when I saw a loose hen running my yard. Then I learned of the law here

Last edited:
we are going thru another "avian" or bird flu catastrophe here...hundreds if not thousands of chickens being destroyed...

price of eggs, chicken to rise..

may be a good idea to have your own.

this "bird flu" is hitting the commercial farms, not so much smaller private ones........so far.

we are going thru another "avian" or bird flu catastrophe here...hundreds if not thousands of chickens being destroyed...

price of eggs, chicken to rise..

may be a good idea to have your own.

this "bird flu" is hitting the commercial farms, not so much smaller private ones........so far.
Having your own chickens does not protect you from having to kill your flock. I know several folks who have (and have had) small flocks from 5-25 birds. One gets sick, bring it to a vet and it tests positive for bird flu, the government comes out to kill all your birds. At least where I live. You can avoid this by not going to a vet, but I don't know if that's a good idea in general...

568A8896-A908-4E22-AAB6-D48589FA05EB.gif

Having your own chickens does not protect you from having to kill your flock. I know several folks who have (and have had) small flocks from 5-25 birds. One gets sick, bring it to a vet and it tests positive for bird flu, the government comes out to kill all your birds. At least where I live. You can avoid this by not going to a vet, but I don't know if that's a good idea in general...
Have they heard of segregation :unsure: :whistle: :censored:....well for chickens anyway

Back