testtest

Range: Coming up short or going the distance

There is only 1 long range shooter where I live and he shoots at his place. I wouldn't mind having a place for other too go the distance, but not sure if I would like the pressure of being liable as an owner!

I'd love to be able to push longer.

While unrealistic, I'd like to give full-body silhouettes - particularly moving - some shots at the 200....with my carry handgun. :) It's not really about any real-world applicability, but rather, to account for my own fundamentals. As-is, I enjoy being able to push out to the 100 occasionally, albeit only on static steel, at that distance. I have the ability to practice routinely at the ~50 yard distance on a reduced-scale static steel, and I'm reasonably content with that validation of my dry practice.

The 100 yard range above is very nice for the AR and slug-select practice for the gauge, but I'd really like to be able to push out to the 300 more. One local class that comes through is Steve Fisher's "Urban Carbine," and I'd like to do that at least once. Another local instructor, Andrew Blubaugh of Apex Shooting and Tactics, routinely has a "Find Your Limits" class for AR-patterned rifles which allows for engagement out to the 600 and beyond, and I'd love to be able to attend that class.

I'd love to get into the long-range game, but realistically, my budget won't allow it at this point. And to tell you the truth, I'm also somewhat afraid of having to do math on-the-fly again, too....and would you believe that, coming from a guy who was on the Math Team as a kid? :geek:

I'd love to be able to push longer.

While unrealistic, I'd like to give full-body silhouettes - particularly moving - some shots at the 200....with my carry handgun. :) It's not really about any real-world applicability, but rather, to account for my own fundamentals. As-is, I enjoy being able to push out to the 100 occasionally, albeit only on static steel, at that distance. I have the ability to practice routinely at the ~50 yard distance on a reduced-scale static steel, and I'm reasonably content with that validation of my dry practice.

The 100 yard range above is very nice for the AR and slug-select practice for the gauge, but I'd really like to be able to push out to the 300 more. One local class that comes through is Steve Fisher's "Urban Carbine," and I'd like to do that at least once. Another local instructor, Andrew Blubaugh of Apex Shooting and Tactics, routinely has a "Find Your Limits" class for AR-patterned rifles which allows for engagement out to the 600 and beyond, and I'd love to be able to attend that class.

I'd love to get into the long-range game, but realistically, my budget won't allow it at this point. And to tell you the truth, I'm also somewhat afraid of having to do math on-the-fly again, too....and would you believe that, coming from a guy who was on the Math Team as a kid? :geek:
Being able to do it on paper than in your head and then question your computations. Math has been an easy thing for me without writing it down.

At an early age it was a way too pass time back in the early '70s before all of the new gadgets! My algebra teacher one day said there is a 5 step process too answer this question, but I'll show you haw too do it in 3. After a few problems I told him I could do it a 2 step process and he thought no way. It worked and he couldn't believe it. Other than just writing down the answer for it making it a 1 step process. It takes me to long too write problems out, so I just do it in my head!

1580587310581.png

Back