testtest

Range day with the new SBR

Belt Fed

Hellcat
Took this thing out and run a 40 round drum of tula steel case through it and then a 30 round mag of winchester ball. Had to sight in the new red dot and i guess it done all right. i had the target at 25 yards and an 8 inch barrel. with my old eyes i could barely see the circles. lol those are four inch circles. the red ones are the Tula and the top two the winchester. the winchester wasn't as accurate but i was shooting it faster. it also hit lower than the Tula.

Good gawd this thing is loud, even with electronic muffs on. and it's a fire breathing dragon with the three foot flame it spits out. when i put the mag in i used the Brass Goat and it worked perfect.

Then it was time to clean all of it up.

20230526_104305.jpg

20230526_104319.jpg

20230526_104401.jpg

20230526_121703.jpg

Took this thing out and run a 40 round drum of tula steel case through it and then a 30 round mag of winchester ball. Had to sight in the new red dot and i guess it done all right. i had the target at 25 yards and an 8 inch barrel. with my old eyes i could barely see the circles. lol those are four inch circles. the red ones are the Tula and the top two the winchester. the winchester wasn't as accurate but i was shooting it faster. it also hit lower than the Tula.

Good gawd this thing is loud, even with electronic muffs on. and it's a fire breathing dragon with the three foot flame it spits out. when i put the mag in i used the Brass Goat and it worked perfect.

Then it was time to clean all of it up.

20230526_104305.jpg

20230526_104319.jpg

20230526_104401.jpg

20230526_121703.jpg
Nice !
Range day is fun day !!

Maybe try a flash can to send the noise forward and dampen the noise back at you?
Worked well on my SBR until I went suppressed

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022194949?pid=417920

The flip ups are UTG Super Slim flip ups - same as SA puts on the Saint. They are metal not plastic like the crappy Magpuls that came on the gun. The mount for the Romeo 5 is also a UTG Super Slim T1 mount it is absolute witness and is not adjustable. I like it much better than the mount that comes with the R5. Trigger is a CMC single stage 3.5 lb, glass break trigger.

Last edited:
The flip ups are UTG Super Slim flip ups - same as SA puts on the Saint. They are metal not plastic like the crappy Magpuls that came on the gun. The mount for the Romeo 5 is also a UTG Super Slim T1 mount it is absolute witness and is not adjustable. I like it much better than the mount that comes with the R5.
I’ve moved on from the Magpuls too. Though I wouldn’t call them crappy. You should check out Ultradyne. They make some real nice stuff.

I have some Feyachi flip ups on one of mine. Steel. Decent. Same price range as the UTG. The Ultradyne is US made and much higher quality.

You could sure send me those crappy Magpuls if you’re done with them though. ;)

Hi @Belt Fed,

Wow, great day at the range! I think I'll go tomorrow. I've been in a slump the last couple of weeks so I haven't shared my targets. 😉 Your targets look marvelous. :D

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Back