testtest

Range Officer Elite Operator in 9mm

Breach&Bang

Alpha
Founding Member
Since this is now discontinued I picked one up. I'm not that knowledgeable with 1911's and was wondering if this model has issue with magazines over 8 rounds in capacity and if not what are some good after market magazines to buy that won't destroy my bank account. Mec-Gar any good? Looking to get some 10 round magazines if they'll work reliably.

Also my factory magazine release lever is ridiculously tight. A simple drop in low powered spring replacement should fix that or will it break in with use?

If you have any tips with 1911's feel free to drop them. I have another in .22lr and am still learning.

MecGar mags are good kit, and good value. I’d give them a try, definitely.

The gold standard is Wilson Combat and Checkmate. Pricy, but if it’s a carry gun, I’d spend the coin on a few.

But, before stocking up—buy one, and see how your gun likes it...1911’s can be mag picky, so I wouldn’t buy a bunch before I knew my pistol liked it.

Your mag lever might break in, or...it could be the mags (see above). Is it only stiff with a mag inserted, or is it always stiff?

Tips—I like to run the pistol “wet”—that is, heavily lubed to the point of excessive—for the first few hundred rounds.

MecGar mags are good kit, and good value. I’d give them a try, definitely.

The gold standard is Wilson Combat and Checkmate. Pricy, but if it’s a carry gun, I’d spend the coin on a few.

But, before stocking up—buy one, and see how your gun likes it...1911’s can be mag picky, so I wouldn’t buy a bunch before I knew my pistol liked it.

Your mag lever might break in, or...it could be the mags (see above). Is it only stiff with a mag inserted, or is it always stiff?

Tips—I like to run the pistol “wet”—that is, heavily lubed to the point of excessive—for the first few hundred rounds.

Always stiff.

Went to the range today and tried it out. Mixed results. Enjoyable to shoot and super accurate. Not cycling all the way into battery most of the time. Going to contact Springfield tomorrow to get it sent in. Pretty bummed out.

Ran lubed, super wet, and different ammo manufacturers. Wolf steel gave me the least problems. Monarch brass the most. Now that I think about it ejection was erratic with some brass landing chest area because I thought it went into my sweatshirt a few times. Probably an ejector issue, however, slowly letting the slide go it does get it caught on the disconnector often. Shot like 250 rounds and I shouldn't be having that many issues. Who knows, I hope this gets sorted out.

Anyone know the reason for there to be dimpled numbers on the under side of my slide?

Always stiff.

Went to the range today and tried it out. Mixed results. Enjoyable to shoot and super accurate. Not cycling all the way into battery most of the time. Going to contact Springfield tomorrow to get it sent in. Pretty bummed out.

Ran lubed, super wet, and different ammo manufacturers. Wolf steel gave me the least problems. Monarch brass the most. Now that I think about it ejection was erratic with some brass landing chest area because I thought it went into my sweatshirt a few times. Probably an ejector issue, however, slowly letting the slide go it does get it caught on the disconnector often. Shot like 250 rounds and I shouldn't be having that many issues. Who knows, I hope this gets sorted out.

Anyone know the reason for there to be dimpled numbers on the under side of my slide?

Do they match the last few digits of your serial number?

Well the process was quick and easy. Within exactly 2 weeks I had my Operator back and took it out to the range. Thing runs great. Haven't had any issues since. They did a bit of work on it and documented exactly what they did including cutting and re-polishing the feed ramp. Would recommend Springfield. Their warranty is tops and so is the process.

FedEx on the other hand.... delivered it without a signature completely ignoring the shipping stipulations.

Well the process was quick and easy. Within exactly 2 weeks I had my Operator back and took it out to the range. Thing runs great. Haven't had any issues since. They did a bit of work on it and documented exactly what they did including cutting and re-polishing the feed ramp. Would recommend Springfield. Their warranty is tops and so is the process.

FedEx on the other hand.... delivered it without a signature completely ignoring the shipping stipulations.

Glad to hear they took care of you.

Back