testtest

Ray of hope for MA

jmcd

Professional
Founding Member
Today, the state decided to open up golf courses, but gun stores were to remained closed. Just received this email, this afternoon.
Federal judge finally stepped in.

McCarthy vs Baker.jpg

In my State, some businesses in counties that were not deemed OK to open up by the Governor, have opened anyway ignoring his edict. I agree with this Judge that individual rights are not given up due to a health concern. I read an article yesterday that mentioned that the NYC Mayor and Police Commissioner both said that NO protests would be allowed in the City, since there was a stay at home order in place. I guess the Mayor and Commissioner think that the NYC government can issue an order that overrides the Constitution and the Right of free speech and protest against said government. Tyrants one and all. :mad:

Well @jmcd, looks like the GOA and others prevailed and forced Mass. to reopen Gun Stores today May 9th 🥳 (apparently since that trouble maker @10mmLife has left the State :sneaky:). Celebrate your independence by going out and buying a 🔫 today! (y)).

"Gun Owners of America (GOA) has won important battles in Massachusetts and Maryland to reopen gun stores and shooting ranges, respectively.

In Massachusetts, GOA joined several other plaintiffs who filed suit against the state’s closure of gun stores. Now, because of a favorable ruling from a federal judge, gun stores can reopen this Saturday, May 9th.

“GOA is pleased to see that gun stores will be reopened in Massachusetts. In times of emergencies, it is vital for people to be able to acquire the tools necessary to protect themselves and their families,” said Erich Pratt, Senior Vice President of GOA."

One of the stores that I frequent sent out a email yesterday stating what the restrictions were, by appointment only, one at a time in the store, have to wear a mask, etc,etc. They were going to try to have one customer in every 15 minutes and they would wipe down any guns touched after etc. Under the current circumstances, and the fact that we haven't been able to go near a gun store, I think most folks are OK with this. The owner said he is already booked out for the week but was asking people if they wanted to be on "stand by" to let him know and he will get to as many people as he can and they are coming up with creative ways to help out as many people as they can.
Sounds like I am going to have to go .22 pistol shopping online to see whats out there first. :)

One of the stores that I frequent sent out a email yesterday stating what the restrictions were, by appointment only, one at a time in the store, have to wear a mask, etc,etc. They were going to try to have one customer in every 15 minutes and they would wipe down any guns touched after etc. Under the current circumstances, and the fact that we haven't been able to go near a gun store, I think most folks are OK with this. The owner said he is already booked out for the week but was asking people if they wanted to be on "stand by" to let him know and he will get to as many people as he can and they are coming up with creative ways to help out as many people as they can.
Sounds like I am going to have to go .22 pistol shopping online to see whats out there first. :)
Yeah, same restrictions here in Pa. I haven't tried going yet, but a buddy of mine went and picked up a Sig p938 pocket pistol. With an appointment, at least you won't have to stand around waiting for a sales person like previously, if the store was crowded and you knew what you wanted to get. ;)

Yeah, same restrictions here in Pa. I haven't tried going yet, but a buddy of mine went and picked up a Sig p938 pocket pistol. With an appointment, at least you won't have to stand around waiting for a sales person like previously, if the store was crowded and you knew what you wanted to get. ;)
Right. They were asking to fill out all forms in advance for gun sales to help speed things along. If you just wanted ammo or accessories, they would have it all boxed up for you when you got there.

On a side note, my out of state concealed carry permit from Maine came in today. It feels a bit like Christmas today. :ROFLMAO:

@BET7 don't you own a Ruger mark 4 .22lr pistol? Maybe you could give some feedback to @jmcd on that model to maybe help him with his future purchase.

I have the S&W victory target model that I feel is an amazingly accurate gun for the money. It has a 1 screw takedown to clean but the Mark 4 is tool less takedown.

Last edited:
@BET7 don't you own a Ruger mark 4 .22lr pistol? Maybe you could give some feedback to @jmcd on that model to maybe help him with his future purchase.

I have the S&W victory target model that I feel is an amazingly accurate gun for the money.
@jmcd, I own two of them (Target and Competition Mark IV's), but they got recalled and I never fired them before or after the fix (too many guns, not enough time to fire them all yet, so they went to the back of the shooting rotation 😁). I have broken them down to clean etc, and they are fantastically easy to do so. I spoke with those that have fired them, and they all loved them (hence one reason I decided to buy them). One guy loved both his Ruger Mark IV and his S&W Victory, saying they were basically the same great shooters. I do own and have fired the Ruger Charger pistol, and that's a fantastic shooter. I'm banking the Mark IV's will be just as well.

Thanks @BET7. I have an old Buckmark Gold that is extremely accurate but I feel like it's time for a more "adult" .22 pistol. Of course, I have to follow the almighty MA approved firearms roster. I don't see the S&W Victory listed. I do see a Ruger Mark IV hunter (Model 40160) and a Mark IV target (Model 40159) listed. Thanks for the feed back.

Thanks @10mmLife.

Thanks @BET7. I have an old Buckmark Gold that is extremely accurate but I feel like it's time for a more "adult" .22 pistol. Of course, I have to follow the almighty MA approved firearms roster. I don't see the S&W Victory listed. I do see a Ruger Mark IV hunter (Model 40160) and a Mark IV target (Model 40159) listed. Thanks for the feed back.

Thanks @10mmLife.
No problem jmcd. The Competition model is exactly the same as the Hunter (which I was about to order), without the grooved/fluted barrel. Since LGS had the Competition model in the store, I bought it. I'm sure they will shoot fine.

Thanks @10mmLife.
I got my victory when I was in MA at Four seasons in Woburn. They had them for about $100 dollars cheaper then everyone else. The model is actually called the SW22

Looked a little deeper. The S&W Victory is also available. Do you know anything about the Ruger Mark IV 22/45 lite?
Not much, I've seen them at the LGS, but wanted to shoot mine first before looking into that model. They look cool and interesting that it had a rail for scope mounting if desired.

I figured out the model. :) They are listing them (Victory at 4 Seasons) for $299.95 at the moment.
Yeah it's a great gun at a great price!

The target model has the blacked out target sights which I really like and it also has the heavy bull barrel. When taking it apart you just need to remove the Allen screw under the barrel and the bolt slides out of the receiver for easy cleaning. I can shoot quarter sized groups at 30ft feet all day with this pistol that has almost no recoil because of the heavy barrel.

Back