testtest

Rear sight

Having sighted in my saint I find that the rear sight is at the extreme left. There is no clicks left so that there is longer any movement allowed. This will hinder future windage adjustments. Can the entire rear sight be shifted to the right?

Having sighted in my saint I find that the rear sight is at the extreme left. There is no clicks left so that there is longer any movement allowed. This will hinder future windage adjustments. Can the entire rear sight be shifted to the right?
Send a pic of the sight assembly on the rifle in the upright position ready to fire/use

I took mine off long ago and cant remember the exact set up on SA vs Magpul, etc ..

Send a pic of the sight assembly on the rifle in the upright position ready to fire/use

I took mine off long ago and cant remember the exact set up on SA vs Magpul, etc ..

Attachments

• 0F9A4504-75E6-4817-8CB9-78CD45F0AFFD.jpeg
    0F9A4504-75E6-4817-8CB9-78CD45F0AFFD.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 141
HGruner is probably right….

But couple things to consider:
Are any of your other rifles’ sights positioned to the left that way, even a little?
Silly ques, but might your eyesight have changed? (I ran into this a few yrs ago; couldn’t believe how quickly it happened…)

HGruner is probably right….

But couple things to consider:
Are any of your other rifles’ sights positioned to the left that way, even a little?
Silly ques, but might your eyesight have changed? (I ran into this a few yrs ago; couldn’t believe how quickly it happened…)
No most of my other sights are basically centered. I do have an eye appt next week and my eyes are getting old (65). Thanks for the repl.

I do believe you meant shifting the entire sight to the left, I remember the sight is attached using Torx head screws, try loosening them to see if it can be moved however it’s been awhile that I worked on iron sights. That being said do you intend to put an optic on it?
All my long guns have scopes.

I do believe you meant shifting the entire sight to the left, I remember the sight is attached using Torx head screws, try loosening them to see if it can be moved however it’s been awhile that I worked on iron sights. That being said do you intend to put an optic on it?
All my long guns have scopes.
No I do not plan to put optics on it

I know I know the longer the sight picture the more accurate it can be at longer distances, so try moving the rear sight up 1 or 2 notches and recheck. I've done that and it has helped.

Isn't the front sight on the gas block? Not knowing what gun it is I have no clue on what handguard is on there?
Not all Saints have a FSB; some have the sight on the rail.

In the above photo, you can see the front sight appears to be folded, which would mean it’s rail mounted on the handguard.

Back