testtest

Red-dot advice

Pelino

Alpha
Looking for advice on the best red-dot for conceal &carry. Just bought a XDM 3.8 elite compact OSP 45acp. Not sure if the Hex dragonfly or Wasp would fit best. Looking for low profile red-dot.

Based on some checking it appears that the Hex Wasp is very difficult to find anymore, there's been some speculation in another thread that it has possibly been discontinued.

Seems your best bet is going to be going with the Hex Dragonfly if those are your two choices.

Personally, I'd look at a Holosun 507K X2 if I wanted a low-profile dot or a 507C-X2 ACSS Vulcan for a full size dot (*these might require an adapter plate for the XDM 3.8 Elite).

Hope that helps. :)

Looking for advice on the best red-dot for conceal &carry. Just bought a XDM 3.8 elite compact OSP 45acp. Not sure if the Hex dragonfly or Wasp would fit best. Looking for low profile red-dot.
I have the same gun in 45ACP and 10mm and both have a Holosun 507C X2
Mounted, with shake awake and solar panel backup and a decent size optic window without being overly large they are an awesome red dot.
And no they don’t co-witness and I’m fine with that.

The bottom line is it’s your gun so you do you.

I have the same gun in 45ACP and 10mm and both have a Holosun 507C X2
Mounted, with shake awake and solar panel backup and a decent size optic window without being overly large they are an awesome red dot.
And no they don’t co-witness and I’m fine with that.

The bottom line is it’s your gun so you do you.
If one wanted to co-witness with that Optic, I think you can get Night Fision Stealth Optics Ready Night Sights for it (they list SA "XD-S Mod 2 OSP" as supported), I just put a set on my Walther PDP to co-witness through the Holosun 507C-GR-X2 ACSS on it and they're EXCELLENT. Did the 1/3 height option and I couldn't be more pleased with the results.

* Just thought I'd put in a plug for Night Fision since I'm so pleased with the results of my buy from them. :)

If one wanted to co-witness with that Optic, I think you can get Night Fision Stealth Optics Ready Night Sights for it (they list SA "XD-S Mod 2 OSP" as supported), I just put a set on my Walther PDP to co-witness through the Holosun 507C-GR-X2 ACSS on it and they're EXCELLENT. Did the 1/3 height option and I couldn't be more pleased with the results.

* Just thought I'd put in a plug for Night Fision since I'm so pleased with the results of my buy from them. :)
And a subset of What’s the best Red Dot? is Should I co-witness my iron sights with my red dot?

And a subset of What’s the best Red Dot? is Should I co-witness my iron sights with my red dot?
And a sub- , subset of that question is , “What height should my co-witness sights be?” And a sub-, sub-, subset of that one is “Should my co-witness sights be night sites?”.

😜

Just got a Bushnell RXU-200 and put it on my wife's P365-380. The "U" is for ultra-compact, and it is definitely tiny, but still very usable and is always on. The only pain is the windage/elevation require a hex key that's a different size than any of the ones on my Real Avid pistol tool, so one has to bring the "special" key along to do any tune up...

It's holding fairly well, and works pretty well too. Around 200 rounds so far, everything still attached and working. Then again, it's .380 so low risk (I will try some Liberty Civil Defense and norma MHP to see how it really holds)

365a.png

It does have a co-witnessing slot and that works well:

365b.png

I do have a Holosun 507C on my 5" M&P and it works great, but it's much bigger and twice the price. I do like the solar backup and love the 32 MOA circle, I wish all RDS had that option!

Here's a size comparison between the two:

PXL_20230316_230949104.png

Before that, I tried a few of the Bushnell RXS models and they didn't survive the 9mm M&P, even with training ammo... This new design seems to hold better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back