testtest

Red Dot / Magnifier Combo for AR-15 Saint Victor

I’m getting an AR-15 Saint Victor and am looking for recommendations on a Red Dot and Magnifier Combo.

I understand I could get many different opinions here but I guess I’m looking for a good recommendation to get the most bang for my buck without breaking the bank.

Leaning towards the Sig Sauer Romeo 5 red dot but not sure if I should pair that with the Juliet or go with something from Vortex, etc. Or maybe there is a better red dot alternative. I appreciate any responses!

Last edited:
I’m getting a Ar-15 Saint Victor and am looking for recommendations on a Red Dot and Magnifier Combo.

I understand I could get many different opinions here but I guess I’m looking for a good recommendation to get the most bang for my buck without breaking the bank.

Leaning towards the Sig Sauer Romeo 5 red dot but not sure if I should pair that with the Juliet or go with something from Vortex, etc. Or maybe there is a better red dot alternative. I appreciate any responses!
Vortex makes some good affordable red dots and magnifiers. I think Opticsplanet.com should have some deals going

Edit: looks like $297 Gets them both

I’m getting a Ar-15 Saint Victor and am looking for recommendations on a Red Dot and Magnifier Combo.

Vortex makes some good affordable red dots and magnifiers. I think Opticsplanet.com should have some deals going

Edit: looks like $297 Gets them both

Sig page:

You could also run a low powered 1x6 scope for close to mid range and not deal with a magnifier . Some have an illumniated dot or crosshair to them.

You could also run a low powered 1x6 scope for close to mid range and not deal with a magnifier . Some have an illumniated dot or crosshair to them.

I thought of that as well. Thanks

That’s a good deal. May look at that one.
Here’s how it will look on a Saint.
…. And one with a 1x6 Vortex

78E8D431-AAA7-4053-BCDB-936DCAA1D1C4.jpeg
9F968833-0A1A-4425-A752-909F2CC83B62.jpeg

I currently run a Sig Bravo 5, which is a 5x32 battle sight with an etched reticle. It’s good for 25 yds out. Anything closer is too magnified. It is an awesome sight. Extremely good clarity and wide field of view. And the dot won’t distort if you have any kind of astigmatism. I did run a Romeo 5 with a Holosun HM3X magnifier but found that being that close to the lens I got a tail on my dot and I. couldn’t get past it. The HM3X is probably the best quality magnifier in that price range and is adjustable to marry up with the Romeo5. But I think @KillerFord1977 is correct and go with a scope or something like the Bravo 5.

I currently run a Sig Bravo 5, which is a 5x32 battle sight with an etched reticle. It’s good for 25 yds out. Anything closer is too magnified. It is an awesome sight. Extremely good clarity and wide field of view. And the dot won’t distort if you have any kind of astigmatism. I did run a Romeo 5 with a Holosun HM3X magnifier but found that being that close to the lens I got a tail on my dot and I. couldn’t get past it. The HM3X is probably the best quality magnifier in that price range and is adjustable to marry up with the Romeo5. But I think @KillerFord1977 is correct and go with a scope or something like the Bravo 5.
Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it

Used Vortex & PA red dots intially until I discovered Romeo 5s.

Have standardized on them, and several of those now.
Thanks. My military friends swears by the Romeo 5 as well. Seems like that is the popular choice by many. Do you have a magnifier along with them? If so which?

I wound up going with a Holosun 510c and the Holosun HM3x magnifier. I have two ARs. On one of them, I had the Holosun 510c and had put the Romeo 5 on the other. For me, I REALLY liked the larger field of view and the option of the circle with the red dot inside it on the 510c. So, I went out and bought another 510c. The Romeo 5 is fine, but I liked the open view rather than the small tube look. Wound up putting the Romeo 5 on my .22 AR platform rifle. The HM3x magnifier has a quick detach mount, so I swap it between firearms. Both the 510c and the HM3x magnifier can be had for under $300 each. I think you get a lot for your money with this option.

I wound up going with a Holosun 510c and the Holosun HM3x magnifier. I have two ARs. On one of them, I had the Holosun 510c and had put the Romeo 5 on the other. For me, I REALLY liked the larger field of view and the option of the circle with the red dot inside it on the 510c. So, I went out and bought another 510c. The Romeo 5 is fine, but I liked the open view rather than the small tube look. Wound up putting the Romeo 5 on my .22 AR platform rifle. The HM3x magnifier has a quick detach mount, so I swap it between firearms. Both the 510c and the HM3x magnifier can be had for under $300 each. I think you get a lot for your money with this option.
Excellent info. I may take a look at that one as I think is like more of a view as well

Thanks. My military friends swears by the Romeo 5 as well. Seems like that is the popular choice by many. Do you have a magnifier along with them? If so which?
Here's a couple of Sig combos from PSA. Although not the Romeo5 (Which I own a bunch of), the MSR isn't bad (I also own a few of these). I suppose you could either buy and then swap to the Romeo5 if you don't like the MSR optic or try to find just the Juliet 3x Magnifier and then combind with the Romeo5.
Good luck on your search.

I’m getting an AR-15 Saint Victor and am looking for recommendations on a Red Dot and Magnifier Combo.

PSA sale just started for 4th of July.

Check out some savings on optics.
May find what you need

I'm a novice AR-15 owner. I have the original SAINT and have purchased the Holosun 510c Elite green dot and their HM3XT 3X magnifier to use with it (see attached pictures). My problem is - it seems they won't both fit on the picatinny rail on top of the upper receiver at the same time!? I contacted Springfield Armory's Customer Service for suggestions, and they told me to try replacing the handguard with one that would accommodate a longer rail. Holosun's CS simply suggested I buy a longer rail. I would appreciate any options and directions that more experienced Forum members could offer me. Thank you.

Attachments

• Holosun Green-dot and Magnifirer - too long for SAINT p-rail.jpg
    Holosun Green-dot and Magnifirer - too long for SAINT p-rail.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 617
  • Holosun Green Dot and Magnifer - both not fit on SAINT p-rail.jpg
    Holosun Green Dot and Magnifer - both not fit on SAINT p-rail.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,348
I'm a novice AR-15 owner. I have the original SAINT and have purchased the Holosun 510c Elite green dot and their HM3XT 3X magnifier to use with it (see attached pictures). My problem is - it seems they won't both fit on the picatinny rail on top of the upper receiver at the same time!? I contacted Springfield Armory's Customer Service for suggestions, and they told me to try replacing the handguard with one that would accommodate a longer rail. Holosun's CS simply suggested I buy a longer rail. I would appreciate any options and directions that more experienced Forum members could offer me. Thank you.
Ok, i could be crazy due to the fact I dont own a Holosun, but I think your 3x magnifier is backwards. Its facing the wrong way.

This would allow more room for the 2 to co exist on the rail.
Tight space with the flip up sights, but it can be done

From the Holosun page
F2CB81F9-C304-48E4-9560-9BCFFB3DC9A2.jpeg

Back