testtest

Refurbishing a Carry Recolver

Good stuff. Takes me back to when I cleaned up dad's '52 Colt for him. It had been in his sock drawer for 20 (!) years, untouched, unused (and uncleaned, and un-lubed). I couldn't see down the barrel it had so much lint in it, and the trigger mech was so gunked up with dust and lint, and dried out from no lube, it was about a 100# trigger pull weight! Couple weeks of daily teardown, clean/lube, dry fire, reassemble, and let sit/soak every night after work...and she came right back to life. Current photos are in the "show off your revolver" thread...she cleans up nice!

This makes me feel a little guilty. I inherited my Uncle's old S&W snubnose Model 10, and my wife inherited her Grandfather's old S&W Chief Special. I lubed and oiled them when we got them, but we don't shoot either of them. They both mean a lot to us for sentimental reasons. They have stayed in cases in the safe, but I may need to break them out to make sure they haven't gone dry.

Shoot 'em. Don't run +P through them, but shoot 'em. You'll be amazed how the history flows into you as you do. I'm still amazed at how dead-nuts accurate my 69-year-old .38 is.

Shoot 'em. Don't run +P through them, but shoot 'em. You'll be amazed how the history flows into you as you do. I'm still amazed at how dead-nuts accurate my 69-year-old .38 is.
Even without +P the only thing that flows into me when I shoot my dads old 38 Special is the sting of the recoil that flows into my wrist. My XDM Mod2 40SW shoots with less recoil.

Back