testtest

Review: HEX Dragonfly Red Dot

mikeslee0637

Alpha
Founding Member
Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled "Review: HEX Dragonfly Red Dot" and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/review-hex-dragonfly-red-dot/.

The shutting off after 16 hours is the worst design ever. I have found the sight to be real nice. It works great, stays adjusted after sighting in, easy to pick up. But is worthless for any kind of defensive purposes be it home defense or carry.
Imagine having this on your home defense pistol, your woke up by someone breaking into your home. Now the sight has turned off! Totally unacceptable. This is a range for fun only red dot. Until they get this feature fixed. I rate the dot a zero out of 10.
Fix the auto shutoff after 16 hours and this dot will be a solid 8.5!

Bassbob

Hellcat
The shutting off after 16 hours is the worst design ever. I have found the sight to be real nice. It works great, stays adjusted after sighting in, easy to pick up. But is worthless for any kind of defensive purposes be it home defense or carry.
Imagine having this on your home defense pistol, your woke up by someone breaking into your home. Now the sight has turned off! Totally unacceptable. This is a range for fun only red dot. Until they get this feature fixed. I rate the dot a zero out of 10.
Any dot that doesn't wake up immediately upon movement is useless to me for SD. If it shuts off automatically, it should wake up automatically too.

If Sig can get MOTAC technology in their $120 optics I don't know why it shouldn't be in a much more expensive optic. All optics really.

BobM

Professional
Simple fix?
Turn dot on before hitting the hay for the night? -
Not many people sleep more than 8 hours at a time.

BobM

Professional
Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled "Review: HEX Dragonfly Red Dot" and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/review-hex-dragonfly-red-dot/.

Thanks for another well written/recorded article/video Mike and Paul,
Nice features. Pro's/cons? Sounds like a fairly well thought out product. Battery's a commonly used one, not a specialized one helps. Having user adjustable optic lighting is a good feature - like when using optic in shade and target's in bright sunlight? Function buttons function/use is straight forward. Included Pictininy attachment's nice touch for some firearms as well. - Sure beats hunting and pecking for right attachments! Sight's a hair wide, but not terrible. Bit tall in rear end for some applications as in some iron sight back ups, but mostly doable. Shake n wake would've been nice added feature, but for many applications should be fine with some work arounds.

When I first heard about the Hex, I was a little bummed I had already purchased a Romeo Zero.

But now I'm glad, and despite requiring some DIY modifications to install. I've been very happy with the Romeo Zero.

I'm still peeved the FDE version was released shortly after my black one arrived.

BobM

Professional
Yes it is, but it's so huge, there's no co-witness, even with the suppressor height sights on the XDM Elite Tactical OSP.
Huge?
If it gets the weather channel and your favorite TV station, you may have hooked up the wrong gadget?
This is worlds smallest tv screen. MicroEmissive’s ME1602.

10 Smallest Things Of Their Kind In The World - Listverse