testtest

Review: Streamlight TLR-6 for the Hellcat

I have been really thinking of getting one of these for my Hellcat, I would choose the one with light and laser, thanks Mike for posting, also my wife will thank you when I spend money on one of these……..😲😲

As the owner of an original bare bones Hellcat, I have been waiting for this design-built combo light/laser for years now... Literally. I am very glad to see it has FINALLY happened, and Springfield is willing to get behind it and market it.

This inspires confidence. Plus, as was stated in the article, it is small and streamlined, and rock solid. I have high hopes that it would continue to hug the lines of my body well, without sharp edges or protrusions.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but is there any talk of Streamlight delivering a green dot for the Hellcat anytime soon? That's the one I am holding out for.

I’ll need a new holster as neither my inside belt or outside belt holsters will accommodate. That said, I do like the idea of a permanent placement on my Hellcat to eliminate the additional issues of manipulating a handheld flashlight during a stressful situation.

I have the same question regarding the holster for my Hellcat. Including holster choices would for the add on would have completed the article nicely.
I’ve had mine for several months and just a few less with the TLR6. It fits my sticky holster well (need to get the specific model but a quick call to them helped sort that out). Also use a DeSantis Slim-Tuk they make specifically for this set up as my EDC. Can’t go wrong with these imo. Good luck!

As the owner of an original bare bones Hellcat, I have been waiting for this design-built combo light/laser for years now... Literally. I am very glad to see it has FINALLY happened, and Springfield is willing to get behind it and market it.

This inspires confidence. Plus, as was stated in the article, it is small and streamlined, and rock solid. I have high hopes that it would continue to hug the lines of my body well, without sharp edges or protrusions.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but is there any talk of Streamlight delivering a green dot for the Hellcat anytime soon? That's the one I am holding out for.
I agree with the green dot.

I have the same question regarding the holster for my Hellcat. Including holster choices would for the add on would have completed the article nicely.
Hello,
I have a newer Hellcat (with the ambi safeties) and it is a OSP model. This is my 2nd Hellcat. The first one did not have the safeties. My wife preferred a gun that we both can shoot and be safe to carry with a round in the chamber unlike the 1st gen Hellcats. I bought a SureFire XSC light for this newer Hellcat. I considered the Streamlight TLR-6 with a holster I found on Ebay that would fit it, but instead I spent the extra $150.00 to get a SureFire made especially for the Hellcat. Great fit and the 400 lumens makes all the difference. It also has a rechargeable battery and the charger base / cable. I had an even bigger problem getting a holster to accommodate this configuration and also the RMSc shield that I have on the Hellcat. I found a guy in Philadelphia (DiVito's Customs). This guy is making holsters with only a 2-3 week turnaround time for this very config...It was only $66.00 (what a deal), The Hellcat fits like a glove. I also had Ryan DiVito make a cut up top so it would not interfere with the manual safety. (I wanted both sides of the ambi safety not to be covered with a sliver of Kydex). When I draw the weapon, the safeties are still in the up (safe) position. Pics below from DiVito Customs on Facebook. His website is being repaired and is not working. Enjoy...
opplanet-surefire-xsc-micro-compact-350-lumens-pistol-light-springfield-armory-hellcat-white-l...jpg
187528878_808130446775632_1692337945319630333_n (1).jpg

@Saint Douglas sadly no they have not released any plans for a green light option. According to my contact at StreamLight if there is a high enough demand for something then it gets designed, tested and developed. However how will they know there is a demand for something unless people reach out to them and request them. Just food for thought.

Back