testtest

Ronin Aftermarket Night Sights

LicensedToPill

Operator
Hey guys! I’m interested in buying the 1911 Ronin Operator .45 ACP at some point in the future, and I would want to change out the stock sights for Truglo Tritium Night Sights. The issue I’m having are the dovetail cut dimensions and the heights on the front and rear sights. I reached out to Springfield about the dimensions and there are not any aftermarket sights (that I’m aware of) that fit these unique dimensions...unless I have a gunsmith alter the aftermarket sights. Below are the dimensions per Springfield:

Dovetail Cut Front: .330 x 60
Dovetail Cut Rear: .495 x 65

Sight Height: .180/.375

Does anyone have any recommendations or insight?

Thanks!

I did not ask them yet. That was going to be my next plan of attack after asking you guys.
LicensedToPill,

I reached out to Springfield customer service and asked about this, and they said the SA measurements mentioned were from the top of the slide to the top of the sight. It appears that TruGlo measures the whole sight (blades and dovetail). Based on that, it would appear the .260/.450 set from TruGlo (https://www.truglo.com/firearms-handgun/brite-site-tritium-handgun-sights.asp) would be the best choice for the Ronin.

Hope this helps!

Mike H.

LicensedToPill,

I reached out to Springfield customer service and asked about this, and they said the SA measurements mentioned were from the top of the slide to the top of the sight. It appears that TruGlo measures the whole sight (blades and dovetail). Based on that, it would appear the .260/.450 set from TruGlo (https://www.truglo.com/firearms-handgun/brite-site-tritium-handgun-sights.asp) would be the best choice for the Ronin.

Hope this helps!

Mike H.
Thank you so much, Mike! That was extremely helpful! Very much appreciated!

I’ll piggyback on this discussion thread to ask:
Anybody know the diameter of the red FO front sight on the Ronin ? Spgfld website specs doesn’t seem to say & I don’t have anything to measure with.
Thanks

I install the Truglo sights for the colt Novak cut on Springfield 1911’s all the time. You just have to match the height.
Are you saying that the current production SA 1911 pistols (including the Ronin and the Garrison models) are, indeed, the .330 Novak cut rather than the .340 cut which SA has traditionally used? I hope that's the case. It would sure simplify things!

Does anyone have an answer to Hurryin’ Hoosier’s question? Would like to install TruGlo TFX on my new Garrison 9mm. Thanks.

Back