testtest

Ruger Vaquero S/A 45

Old_Me

Ronin
i was at the range today, and chatting it up with the RSO. we spoke of "old fashion" revolvers, on how much i like the old style of the cowboy days. he told me there was a "old style" revolver for sale.

due to something going on at the house, i could not get a good look at the gun, but right now, it is a Ruger Vaquero S/A in 45...

the price is $700. (of course used)

i don't know much else, i would have wanted to run the serial number thru Ruger to get a build date at least.

anyone here have such a Ruger?

any known issues?

it is stainless by the way. if i recall, rubber stocks.

i'll have to get back to the range later this week, or next, for more details.

the danged RSO, just had to tell me about it. like, what the heck......he couldn't have kept quiet about it..??

dang him....dang him to HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

When I was into Cowboy Action Shooting I had a matched pair of stainless New Vaqueros in .45LC in addition to my Colt SAA's. They are popular guns with Cowboy shooters. I used them as backups and loaned them to guests who shot the matches with me. They held up well and functioned perfectly. I traded them on something because I have the Colts but can say they are a fine revolver. The Vaquero has some modern features not seen on the old Colts, like a transfer bar which makes it safe to carry with 6 in the cylinder.

i was at the range today, and chatting it up with the RSO. we spoke of "old fashion" revolvers, on how much i like the old style of the cowboy days. he told me there was a "old style" revolver for sale.

due to something going on at the house, i could not get a good look at the gun, but right now, it is a Ruger Vaquero S/A in 45...

i don't know much else, i would have wanted to run the serial number thru Ruger to get a build date at least.

any known issues?

the danged RSO, just had to tell me about it. like, what the heck......he couldn't have kept quiet about it..??

These guns are tanks, the older ones were made on the same frame as the Super Blackhawk, had one of these back in the 90’s, gun gun and pretty accurate fir a fixed sight gun, price is good to me

These guns are tanks, the older ones were made on the same frame as the Super Blackhawk, had one of these back in the 90’s, gun gun and pretty accurate fir a fixed sight gun, price is good to me
yeah, my regret right now is, that i had to leave the range (got a phone call to git outta there), so it was a very quick looksie at it.

i will take a longer look, jot down the serial number and email Ruger on the build date. gun "looked" clean as can be, don't know how many rounds thru it.

piqued my interest for sure.

They don't wear out and $700 is a good price. They usually come standard with wooden grips. If you're looking for a good SA, they are hard to beat. If it's stock, a set of Wolf springs make them sweet.

They don't wear out and $700 is a good price. They usually come standard with wooden grips. If you're looking for a good SA, they are hard to beat. If it's stock, a set of Wolf springs make them sweet.
yeah, rubber is what's on it now, maybe if it came with wood stocks, they might be in the box. (if there is a box that goes with it)

Ruger will repair any Ruger, original owner or not. If you have custom parts, you need to remove them or they won't return them. I'm not sure which other makers do that, but it's hard to beat. I think we have 8 SA's.

Ruger will repair any Ruger, original owner or not. If you have custom parts, you need to remove them or they won't return them. I'm not sure which other makers do that, but it's hard to beat. I think we have 8 SA's.
well tell you what.....i (like everyone else) am still waiting on primers.

i "thought" i was done buying guns.....

but with my goobner signing the 10 round limit magazine Bill today, (thank God i have more 1911's and revolvers than 9mm's)

this S/A revolver is starting to call my name.........

DANG THAT RSO, DANG HIM to HIGH HELLLLLLLLL

I have shot 2 different super blackhawks in .44 magnum and a regular Blackhawk in .357 magnum. I have never owned one but really like them. Each of the ones I shot were very accurate and well made.

I have owned a Ruger Single-Six convertible .22LR/.22 Mag. and it was a great firearm.

wow, what a cheap date you musta been....

Motel 9 for me.......

6 was too cheap....
32EE413C-1BC6-45AD-8995-30B9AD0DD341.gif

ok, Ruger just now responded to my inquiry on the build date, here is what they say:
Ok, that’s the newer model, smaller frame, still a good gun and good price, older original Vaquero’s had wood grips, I would buy it myself, just be warned, .45 Colt ammo is hard to find and somewhat expensive, plus since it’s the newer model, you can’t shoot or reload the higher pressure .45colt loads like the older original Vaquero, standard pressure and velocity only, no hot stuff

any known issues?

Ya say that now but if you do purchase it you will want to thank him.

Ok, that’s the newer model, smaller frame, still a good gun and good price, older original Vaquero’s had wood grips, I would buy it myself, just be warned, .45 Colt ammo is hard to find and somewhat expensive, plus since it’s the newer model, you can’t shoot or reload the higher pressure .45colt loads like the older original Vaquero, standard pressure and velocity only, no hot stuff
i checked used gun prices, some say up to:

UsedNew
Trade In$508.20$589.31
Private Party$781.85$906.64

if i were to reload, and i do have the dies, just not Colt 45 yet, i'd keep the reload down to the minimum specs, like i do for the 9 mm and 45 ACP.

still pondering this sale.

Back