testtest

Rush Limbaugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
My step mom was diagnosed with that a couple of years ago, so I know what Rush will be going through, she didn’t last to long and it wasn’t pleasant for her towards the end.

At 20 I never thought I would see home again.We all have to die.I just didn't want to die in a foreign country at 20.Never thought I would make it to 40.Sooooooooooooo,here I am at 75.I am sorry for Rush,but everyone as they age.Thinks about going terminal.It's what we do with every moment we have that counts. Live a full life and when the grim reaper shows up.Tell him what the Marines do.I'm just goin to hell to re- group. Never Quit,Never!!!!! Surrender

At 20 I never thought I would see home again.We all have to die.I just didn't want to die in a foreign country at 20.Never thought I would make it to 40.Sooooooooooooo,here I am at 75.I am sorry for Rush,but everyone as they age.Thinks about going terminal.It's what we do with every moment we have that counts. Live a full life and when the grim reaper shows up.Tell him what the Marines do.I'm just goin to hell to re- group. Never Quit,Never!!!!! Surrender

I’ve been plagued with a sense of mortality since I was a very young child. The only way to counter it is to remember we’re lucky to be here just one day more. As a result, I’m about to hang up my shoes as an associate at a worldwide company and go live in a small mountain town, poor and happy as hell!

Working in the medical field, I get to sit in (in a technical capacity) on something called "tumor board" every Monday morning. This is were they discuss newly diagnosed cancer cases in patients and how they are going to go about treatment. It is not a good way to start the week and it is incredibly depressing. For all of the technology we have, we are still not there yet. Cancer is absolutely awful.

Thank you. I have to say, it was the toughest thing I ever went through.
I'm with you there brother. Lost my mom (48 yrs old) when I was 17 and dad (57 yrs old) at 24. My dad, and both grandfathers were all smokers and all died of lung cancer. Dad was diagnosed and then died 8 months later. Smoking will get most people, it's only a matter of time. My stepsister is current fighting a similar cancer battle due to smoking. I'm glad I was able to quite my pack and a half a day habit as I never really enjoyed smoking (not nearly enough as my father did with his 3 pack a day unfiltered Phillip Morris cigarettes).

I'm with you there brother. Lost my mom (48 yrs old) when I was 17 and dad (57 yrs old) at 24. My dad, and both grandfathers were all smokers and all died of lung cancer. Dad was diagnosed and then died 8 months later. Smoking will get most people, it's only a matter of time. My stepsister is current fighting a similar cancer battle due to smoking. I'm glad I was able to quite my pack and a half a day habit as I never really enjoyed smoking (not nearly enough as my father did with his 3 pack a day unfiltered Phillip Morris cigarettes).
Wow. Your parents were taken away way to early. That must have been very difficult for you. Every week I hear what cigarettes and smoking does to people. It's downright depressing. So happy to hear you were able to get off them.
My best wishes and thoughts to your stepsister. Make sure she keeps fighting!

Wow. Your parents were taken away way to early. That must have been very difficult for you. Every week I hear what cigarettes and smoking does to people. It's downright depressing. So happy to hear you were able to get off them.
My best wishes and thoughts to your stepsister. Make sure she keeps fighting!
Yeah, it was a bit difficult. My best friend lost his parents within 6 months when he was 15-16 (one died before his birthday, the other after). I learned from my father’s teaching and in my friends case, that they is always someone that has it worse than you. Thanks for your kind thoughts & yes my stepsister continues her fight. Unfortunately, the cancer spread to her jaw & she lost all her teeth requiring her to be fed by tube inserted directly into her stomach. She’s lost a lot of weight and doesn’t want to keep in much contact with extended family. Such is life.

Yeah, it was a bit difficult. My best friend lost his parents within 6 months when he was 15-16 (one died before his birthday, the other after). I learned from my father’s teaching and in my friends case, that they is always someone that has it worse than you. Thanks for your kind thoughts & yes my stepsister continues her fight. Unfortunately, the cancer spread to her jaw & she lost all her teeth requiring her to be fed by tube inserted directly into her stomach. She’s lost a lot of weight and doesn’t want to keep in much contact with extended family. Such is life.
Sorry to hear this Bet7, my thoughts are with you and your family.

I wonder if Rush was actually surprised when Trump had Melania gave him the Medal. How did they keep it a secret? And if you did not get a tear....

Hope he has a chance at recovery, but the other common folks, especially the LEO and Service personnel that were recognized, were more than well deserved for tears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back