testtest

S&W MODEL 52 THE .38 SPECIAL IN AN AUTOLOADER?!?

Of all the guns I've sold, I miss my Model 52 the most.

According to History of Smith & Wesson by S&W historian Roy Jinks, "To insure the accuracy of the pistol, extra rigid inspection was incorporated by having the Model 52 machine rest tested at 50 yards to insure that the pistol would shoot five-shot groups having maximum spread of two inches. Any pistol that could not meet this standard was returned to production for reworking."

Of all the guns I've sold, I miss my Model 52 the most.

According to History of Smith & Wesson by S&W historian Roy Jinks, "To insure the accuracy of the pistol, extra rigid inspection was incorporated by having the Model 52 machine rest tested at 50 yards to insure that the pistol would shoot five-shot groups having maximum spread of two inches. Any pistol that could not meet this standard was returned to production for reworking."

That's why I've stuck with older guns. It's hard to beat Colts and Smiths producted during that time period.

I have a Model 52-1. Magnificent pistol! They really are that good! (y) This gun is way more accurate than I'll ever be. The trigger is so smooth and light that its down right scary. They're expensive, but worth every penny. ;)

BTW: nobody ever managed to make a successful aftermarket magazine for the 52. Factory original mags are highly sought after and expensive. The one in the picture still in the original package would sell today for about $300.

One smooth shooter

Attachments

• S&W 52-2.jpg
    S&W 52-2.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 15
In my AMU (Army marksmanship unit) we used the S&W M-52 in the centerfire stage. The 38 special 148 grain full wadcutter's velocity was only 650-700 FPS. The recoil was minimal but you had to follow through on each shot due to the low velocity. It was a very accurate pistol and our armorers did a great job on the triggers.

Back