testtest

SA GI Model 1911

F106A

Alpha
Does anyone remember these? Came across this pic searching for an SA MIL-spec. I actually had one in OD Green! Honestly, it was quite the shooter, and very accurate for what it was. Of course I ended up trading it for a microphone. (KIDDING! I sold it after a divorce!) Anyway, it was a fun 1911 when I had it.

(There’s a thread to start - "Guns sold, or lost in a divorce"!!)

Attachments

• 32590-40.jpg
    32590-40.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Yes, an accurate reproduction of the original US Army model, vs. the existing no-called "Mil-Spec."

Wish SA would make it again.

Right now only the Inland Manufacturing & Auto-Ordnance 1911A1s are the only accurate US-made ones.

Last edited:
I like the almost mil-spec guns better, meaning the larger sights and lowered ejection port. I'm not knocking your preference. The lowered port may not be necessary since I'm no 1911 expert, but at my age, a thicker front sight is a plus.

What about Colts mil-spec?
Close but not close enough.

The kicker on all the 1911's that claim they're "mil-spec" is the configuration of the ejection port on the slide. The Colt Government 01911C model is lowered vs. the accurate original ejection port.

Original 1911

1700062837248.png

Colt 01911C = lowered ejection port (also - note the higher "non-accurate" fixed sights)
1700062565586.png

Ejection ports have evolved over time in the 1911.

Besides the mentioned US-made accurate models, the Turkish SDS/Tisas 1911A1 are accurate if you want to save $$.

It's not a question of preference but accurate configuration. It's sort of like restoring a car and putting an engine in it that it never came from from the factory.

Yes, I had this exact model! It was my first 1911. I suffered from "hammer bite" so I traded it in.

Back