testtest

SA Saint Victor Handguard Replacement

Sknborn

Alpha
This seems to be a brainfart. Can someone tell me where I can find a verified handguard replacement w/ picatinny on the 12 'o' clock for the SA Saint Victor.

It changes between what SA can install? It could have a bcm barrel nut of 2 varieties or something else? Just going off past post about SA products. Maybe a pic of the handguard's attachment could help and/or a pic without the handguard for best answer.

So most freefloat handguards are going to come with their proprietary barrel nut. Each handguard company has their way of mounting.

Specifically from the Aero handguard mentioned

Are you attaching this handguard to a standard threaded upper receiver?
Make sure to select "Yes" under the Bar Barrel Nut option above (shims included). Our handguards use the BAR interface and do not work with a standard barrel nut. If you are using our M4E1 Enhanced Upper Receiver, no additional pieces are needed.

You will need to replace the Springfield barrel nut and handguard and replace them with the Aero way of attaching.

Last edited:
Probably the service reps at Springfield would the place to find your answers.
I should have suggested him first because he knows his stuff and has come to the rescue of many!
1698870149245.png

So most freefloat handguards are going to come with their proprietary barrel nut. Each handguard company has their way of mounting.

Make sure to select "Yes" under the Bar Barrel Nut option above (shims included). Our handguards use the BAR interface and do not work with a standard barrel nut. If you are using our M4E1 Enhanced Upper Receiver, no additional pieces are needed.

You will need to replace the Springfield barrel nut and handguard and replace them with the Aero way of attaching.
Thanks for the insight. I saw/read the info on the Aero website. I would think that there was someone out there who may have done exactly the same thing.

So, you're saying that the victor handguard WILL attach to an enhanced AP upper? I have some of their enhanced receivers so I know how it assembles. And yes, if the receiver has threads it does require the enhanced barrel nut for the enhanced handguard to be attached. SA changes handguards in the wind...........wow! Not necessarily a bad thing, but that's just nuts!
Thanks for the insight. I saw/read the info on the Aero website. I would think that there was someone out there who may have done exactly the same thing.
I've been searching for their enhanced barrel nut on both 15's and 10's with no luck on in stock.

Maybe it's just me, but one of the reasons I chose the Saint Victor was it did NOT have a full-length, 1913 rail at 12 o'clock.
There's a lot of them that don't. The first AR I ever bought don't. AA Voodoo Innovations Witch Doctor. I'm not saying it's in the same tier as the Saint, but I'm not saying it isn't either. I paid $800 during the plandemic, but they sell now for around $500. I switched all the furniture to Magpul, put a JMT trigger in it and a red dot on it and I've ran the shite out of that mother and it's never been anything but dead reliable and extremely accurate.

So, you're saying that the victor handguard WILL attach to an enhanced AP upper? I have some of their enhanced receivers so I know how it assembles. And yes, if the receiver has threads it does require the enhanced barrel nut for the enhanced handguard to be attached. SA changes handguards in the wind...........wow! Not necessarily a bad thing, but that's just nuts!

I've been searching for their enhanced barrel nut on both 15's and 10's with no luck on in stock.

No, the other way around, I though the op was trying to change out a Saint handguard to something like the AP handguard. In that case you need the AP barrel nut and shims to work on the saint.

You also need a Torx PLUS, IP-20 bit or you will strip the four screws holding it on. They did not use Loctite (or equivalent) when installing them.

Back