testtest

Saint Edge

I have the springfield Saint Edge, calibered in 5.56. I have tried to change out the gas plugs, and differnt ammo, and It is still over gassy compared to my friends Gissele super duty, whenever im range shooting I cant rapid fire more than 3 or 4 rounds before I get a face full. How can I correct this? Ive heard about replacung the charging handle with a unit with an O-ring but Ive heard mixed reviews and dont want to spend over $150 for it not to work.

Any suggestion?

I have the springfield Saint Edge, calibered in 5.56. I have tried to change out the gas plugs, and differnt ammo, and It is still over gassy compared to my friends Gissele super duty, whenever im range shooting I cant rapid fire more than 3 or 4 rounds before I get a face full. How can I correct this? Ive heard about replacung the charging handle with a unit with an O-ring but Ive heard mixed reviews and dont want to spend over $150 for it not to work.

Any suggestion?
Are you saying that you're getting gas to the face?

Are you shooting suppressed?

Typically the symptoms of an overgassed rifle are jams or violent recoil not gas to the face.

Gas to the face is typical with a suppressor or restrictive muzzle device.

Different suppressors will yield different results for gas blowback with the cheaper suppressors typically having more gas blowback.

An AR is an AR when it comes to gas blowback from suppressed shooting and I sincerely doubt brand difference in the rifle will have any noticable difference to the amount of gas blow back you will get and it's mostly related to the suppressor used.

I have a decent amount of suppressed shooting experience in the AR platform with all different brands of rifles.

Any suggestion?
So your saying you adjusted the gas plugs and or tweaked the gas settings per the manual and had no change at all ?

8C6147F3-8CF0-4034-B1E0-95EB110F53CC.jpeg

Any suggestion?
Gas-X?

Are you saying that you're getting gas to the face?

Are you shooting suppressed?

Typically the symptoms of an overgassed rifle are jams or violent recoil not gas to the face.

Gas to the face is typical with a suppressor or restrictive muzzle device.

Different suppressors will yield different results for gas blowback with the cheaper suppressors typically having more gas blowback.

An AR is an AR when it comes to gas blowback from suppressed shooting and I sincerely doubt brand difference in the rifle will have any noticable difference to the amount of gas blow back you will get and it's mostly related to the suppressor used.

I have a decent amount of suppressed shooting experience in the AR platform with all different brands of rifles.
No, its not supressed.
Yes, I am getting gas to the face, you can smell and see the differnece in the amout of blowback gas.

Its has the original muzzle brake that came with the rifle, no upgrades or modofications outside of the red dot, magnifier, and light. There is a signifigant difference in the gas blow back and the recoil, the Gissele is just a smoother shooting rifle, I can tell the difference in build quality, in my opinion, not saying that I dont love my saint.....I just dont love the gas.

Back