testtest

Saint Victor PDW - Fact or fiction ?

So here's the latest post from a local gun shop I go to . Looking for a reply if any one knows anything on the truth ,

#springfieldvictorpdw #pdw Sprinfield Victor PDW 556/223 5.5” - Rumor has it when these are gone they are gone Springfield is no longer going to produce the AR Pistol Platform

1625626739164.png

So talked to the people at the gun shop today , They said the Springfield Rep. was in and told them with the current gun things going on right now that when they run out of Braces for the AR pistol that they were going to stop doing any more AR pistols . So if this is true better get any that you can before they are gone for good .

So talked to the people at the gun shop today , They said the Springfield Rep. was in and told them with the current gun things going on right now that when they run out of Braces for the AR pistol that they were going to stop doing any more AR pistols . So if this is true better get any that you can before they are gone for good .

I'm not sure why they wouldn't just begin shipping them without the braces. Other manufacturers have already begun doing this. Go to buy an AR pistol from Bear Creek for example, it will not come with a brace.

I'm not sure why they wouldn't just begin shipping them without the braces. Other manufacturers have already begun doing this. Go to buy an AR pistol from Bear Creek for example, it will not come with a brace.
Is understandable to many people like all or most people here? But? Possibly if and when altering a firearm from manufacturers original scheme or design it can / may raise flags elsewhere? Personally, I don't know but sure there's a good reason. Is just a guess going by the following thoughts.

Replacing something is or can be different than adding or removing something sometimes? Exagerating in a sense for an example, cut down a barrel or stock or add a foregrip? Especially if something is coded in serial number or only sold a specific way from mfg. it could present issues down the road. Some people and places can get real fussy, real quick on that. Think of CA's viewpoints? Current administration seems to be headed in that direction too? Better safe than sorry later on?

Is understandable to many people like all or most people here? But? Possibly if and when altering a firearm from manufacturers original scheme or design it can / may raise flags elsewhere? Personally, I don't know but sure there's a good reason. Is just a guess going by the following thoughts.

Replacing something is or can be different than adding or removing something sometimes? Exagerating in a sense for an example, cut down a barrel or stock or add a foregrip? Especially if something is coded in serial number or only sold a specific way from mfg. it could present issues down the road. Some people and places can get real fussy, real quick on that. Think of CA's viewpoints? Current administration seems to be headed in that direction too? Better safe than sorry later on?
Putting a brace on it is no different than putting a different set of grips on a 1911; it’s not altering the design of the gun, your just changing things for ease of use.

Going straight to chopping the barrel is getting a bit hyperbolic.

It literally takes 3.7 seconds to put a brace on. So discount the pistol by the retail price of the brace and sell it without one. Or just sell it with the brace. I mean they're legal right now so what's the problem? Hopefully it's not an omen of things to come.

Hey, didn't SA get into a little bit of trouble for standing with anti gun politicians once before? I sure hope this ain't that.

Maybe they meant specifically the Saint Victor PDW since that was an exclusive model for one distributor. As of today they still list pistols on the website. Plus there is precedent with the bump stock you can not just reclassify things.

@xdman

What in your opinion is the best 5.56/.223 ammunition to feed this little beast for HD/SD? I been reading and there seems to be mixed reviews online.

@xdman

What in your opinion is the best 5.56/.223 ammunition to feed this little beast for HD/SD? I been reading and there seems to be mixed reviews online.
Make sure it is wet with oil, and start with something Clean. At the range any new AR user I tell them to think of the analogy of a cast iron skillet. Oil then get her hot getting the oil into the pores of the metal. what ever you use get you a bore snake and pour some oil on it. Shoot some rounds, empty and run the snake though and then shoot a few more getting it hotter then empty and run the oily snake again. By then you are ready to rock and roll. Sort of the same thing precision shooters do with their barrels. That’s the classic way to do it that people have seem to forgot. Boresnakes make it super easy.

For ammo, that depends on your area and what is actually available.

I am clean out of Mil-Spec ammunition at the moment. I need to stock up on more soon. I do have ADI .223 55gr. Sierra BlitzKings and ADI .223 69gr. Sierra MatchKings. My frame of thought was the 5.5"bbl would need a lighter faster round to be adequate for self defense. I don't have any experience with Short barreled performance and capabilities, that's why I was asking.

I am clean out of Mil-Spec ammunition at the moment. I need to stock up on more soon. I do have ADI .223 55gr. Sierra BlitzKings and ADI .223 69gr. Sierra MatchKings. My frame of thought was the 5.5"bbl would need a lighter faster round to be adequate for self defense. I don't have any experience with Short barreled performance and capabilities, that's why I was asking.
I will say this based on my experience with the Springfield 300BO Pistol I had was the gun functioned with better reliability when shooting the lighter super sonic rounds, the sub sonic rounds would shoot but the gun would not cycle to reload unless I made constant adjustments to the gas block.
Super sonic the gun rocked.

I will say this based on my experience with the Springfield 300BO Pistol I had was the gun functioned with better reliability when shooting the lighter super sonic rounds, the sub sonic rounds would shoot but the gun would not cycle to reload unless I made constant adjustments to the gas block.
Super sonic the gun rocked.
Most .300BLK semi autos only run subsonic ammo reliably with a suppressor because the suppressor adds the back pressure needed to fully cycle the BCG.

I highly recommend picking up a suppressor if you own or plan on getting another .300BLK firearm. The tax stamp approval time sucks but it's worth the wait.

Most .300BLK semi autos only run subsonic ammo reliably with a suppressor because the suppressor adds the back pressure needed to fully cycle the BCG.

I highly recommend picking up a suppressor if you own or plan on getting another .300BLK firearm. The tax stamp approval time sucks but it's worth the wait.
Agreed, no worries for me no longer own that firearm.

2.jpg

Finally got the call to pick up my Saint Victor PDW. I might get to work it out this weekend if I'm lucky, see what it's actually capable of. I am very pleased with it so far. It is very well put together like the entire Saint line.

View attachment 19397
Finally got the call to pick up my Saint Victor PDW. I might get to work it out this weekend if I'm lucky, see what it's actually capable of. I am very pleased with it so far. It is very well put together like the entire Saint line.

I can honestly say that I’ve never heard of a Saint Victor PDW, only the Edge. Talk about learning something new every day. 😊

Back